Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet products now on line

• 28-09-2005 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

http://www.magnet.ie/index.aspx.

Above have started advertising and have some products on the site.

A bit confusing, if your lucky enough to live in a ftth homes great product if not dont think i would bother.

Still worth a look

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,809 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Where do they have ftth?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blue Ice

If you are paying eircom 64 Euro for line rental and 1 mb broadband - I think 72.99 for 4 mb broadband, free local calls and a TV package from Magnet represents good value. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Yes but like all these other amazing services, it's mostly vapour. They're available in a couple of housing estates and a couple of exchanges. If that's the coverage, I wouldn't even bother with a web site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Blaster99 wrote:
    Yes but like all these other amazing services, it's mostly vapour. They're available in a couple of housing estates and a couple of exchanges. If that's the coverage, I wouldn't even bother with a web site.

I'm in Phibsboro - I rang them, and was told that I could get the full package from them with no bother whatsoever.
    Rang back the next day to actually place my order (I couldn't the day before) and I'm told that I was told a pack of lies the day before that the best they could do was a 2meg/128k line and a free upgrade in 6 months (yeah right) when the exchange is unbundled.

Retards - they won't be getting my money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I saw an add for them on the front of toady's Irish times. Nothing particularily interesting but they are starting to actively compete!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulyx

Where do they have ftth?

Dublin

Grange/Clongriffin
    Northern Cross
    Beacon South Quarter
    Chancery Lane
    Balgriffin Park

Meath

Dunboyne Castle

Laois

Fairgreen Village, Portlaoise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Idioteque

I Live in an apartment block on Stephens street Dublin 2 and we received a letter from them saying they were 'beta testing' and that we could get a couple months free trial of tv/broadband + phone...some college student with his backpack turned up to show us some of the packages. The next day we rang to follow up and they said that we were too far from the exchange. A couple of days later someone from Magnet rang my flatmate to say the first guy was wrong and that they can. Just emailed flatmate there to find out if any follow up but basically they look pretty unprofessional or organised at the moment so I'd hold off paying for their service till there's a bit more feedback!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Irish ISP in bad Customer Service shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

cgarvey wrote:
    Irish ISP in bad Customer Service shocker
    indeed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Bah! :(
    Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your recent enquiry to Magnet Networks. Our services are currently available in the following areas:

Dublin;
    Cork;
    Limerick;
    Waterford;
    Galway;
    Portloaise.

While we are planning expansions of our network, your address currently falls outside the scope of our immediate expansion plans.

We will record your information and let you know the moment Magnet Networks services are available in your area.

Thank you once again for your interest in Magnet Networks and we look forward to welcoming you as a Magnet Networks customer in the near future.

Yours Sincerely
    Sales Admin
    Magnet Networks

• Advertisement
Advertisement