Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arc De Triomphe

• 28-09-2005 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Scorpion - He has done nothing wrong so far. Quite the contrary actually.

Bago was flattered last year. Ouija board should have won although she was to far back and tucked in before she made her run, she was going twice as fast as the first 2 in the last furlong. (Don't believe me? Watch the race and measure how many lengths were between her and bago at the last furlong marker, and then again at the finish).

Cheery mix flopped, The proximity of Acropolis at the finish after a horrible really took the form down also. Cherry mix?? Cherry Mix who??

Scorpion should be strong enough to reverse order with Hurricane Run who is vulnerable at this distance i think. Scorpion stays.. and he stays big time.

If you want an E/W bet.. Keep your eye on Warrsan....

1) Scorpion
    2) Shawanda
    3) Warrsan

Trip =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Scorpion should be strong enough to reverse order with Hurricane Run who is vulnerable at this distance i think. Scorpion stays.. and he stays big time.

Hurricane Run has already beaten Scorpion at this distance. I'm a huge fan of Hurricane Run and I think he's the one to beat in this. My only concern is that he's a hold up horse and in a race of 18 runners he's gonna need Fallon on top form to avoid any trouble.

I'd be looking at Motivator and Cherry Mix and Shawanda to follow him home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

I'm just saying that there are better horses in the race then bago.... maybe 6 better....

Scorpion will figure in the end... Shawanda will have to be exceptional to be there at the end, we have all see what these great fillys do when they come up against the boys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

fade2black wrote:
    I'd be looking at Motivator and Cherry Mix and Shawanda to follow him home.
    I would agree with 2 of your selections there. I fancy Shawanda to shade it with Motivator a close second and I also fancy a place for either Bago or Scorpion. Looks like a top field and should nicely round off my sunday aft :D .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

i would love to see Shawanda win. You dont see many classics won in the style that she won at the Curragh. For all the bluster that surrounds fillies like Divine Proportions this year and Attraction last year, this filly could be the real deal and has had relatively little hype around her - apart from being second fav for the arc.

I have backed Scorpion for the Epsom Derby after his debut win at Leopardstown - money burnt - but I do think that he is the each way bet in the field. Not a big fan of either bago (disappointing efforts for a long time now, bar this time last year) and Hurricane Run (just not great value at the prices) but a win from either of those wouldnt surprise. OPen enough race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I'm a big Shawanda fan too. She's looked exceptional so far and to me, she's better than Ouija Board of last year. As I said in a thread last week, I have the race between her and Motivator.

My only worry about Scorpion is that he had a hard slog in the Leger just 3 weeks ago. It may be inconsequential but you can never really know until they've run again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Cherry mix will win!20/1 You better back it as frankie dettori gave it as his best chance to succes this year numerous times.He has being backed from 50/1 to 20/1 and K mcavoy is on board.It was an unlucky second in last years arc and it might of ran bad a few times this year but the ground was again him and a return to france where he used be trained should prove to be a succes.

Lots of horses win a race and then do NOTHING until they run the same course and distance again, and they win again! SO Bago or cherry mix could do it.

But i stick to Scorpion.... Fallon is now saying he may have picked the wrong horse in the racem but unless hurricane run is as good as everyone thinks, he will loose. (remeber sharmardal beat him barely, but he beat him all the same.)

Shawanda looks exceptional, but not many fillies can come in and beat the big boys. I thought Russian Rhythm was the real deal (well,..she was) but Falbrav made a mockery of her...

Norce Dancer is also very well capable of coming good in class fields...

How come westernet didn't get a mention? HE is good at longer distance.

Warrsan ... i'm doing him each way =)

• Advertisement

What a race though, only just realised it now, almost every horse in the fiels is capable of winning a strong group 1.... mouthwatering!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I'm another in the Shawanda camp, she was by far the most impressive group 1 winner this season when she won the Irish Oaks. Taking into account the sex and age weight concessions she will receive she is going to be difficult to beat.

I'll take Bago to chase her home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

I've got a few quid e/w on Scorpion - reckon he is still improving - has to be in with a good shout.

2 and a half hours of steady rain in Paris has helped Motivator and Hurricane Run's cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

when is the race on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

4:30 on Sunday, where it's supported by no less than 5 other Group 1 races. Always a quality day's racing.

if the weather stays the same it has to be motivator at 5/1. i reckon he will shorten 3/1 by the start of the race

How's the head?

very funny lads

• Advertisement

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I'm on Westerner and Scorpion, both each way. To be honest, it's anyone's race.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

Motivator win and Westener ew 4 me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Fair play to Hurricane Run, superb animal.

Get in there Westerner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

delighted, got him at 7/1 back in june! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Had a nice double on Horatio Nelson and Hurricane Run (Fallon double)
    :)

small stake got about 4/5-1 on it. didnt want to go nuts after last weeks Dubawi disaster.

cracking ride from Fallon checkin to the inside and then timing the burst to go clear. Thought Motivator was goin to figure, he got up well but he had nothing left over the last 200M. Are they retiring him shortly?

Advertisement