Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rugger buggers

• 28-09-2005 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

what do buy when becoming a rugger bugger?don't say dubes though,they're the only exception,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Well first get all your clothes in BT2

Anything Tommy Hilfiger, AE, Abercrombie, Ralph Lauren

You also need the obligatory(sp?) blond highlights.

And if your daddy can buy you a golf GTI then you're sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Well first get all your clothes in BT2

Anything Tommy Hilfiger, AE, Abercrombie, Ralph Lauren

You also need the obligatory(sp?) blond highlights.

And if your daddy can buy you a golf GTI then you're sorted!
    i couldn't have said it better myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I smell a troll...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Gick

thanks blondie,pretty much what I had in mind,any more suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Dont forget collars up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

eyebrow piercings have become popular and those grey sweat pants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

BrightEyes wrote:
    eyebrow piercings have become popular and those grey sweat pants
    Scangers do that didn't know rugger buggers di.

B.T.W:What does (sp?) stand for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

B.T.W:What does (sp?) stand for?
    Spelling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Rugger Bugger = knobheads,ive more style in my little finger than these mummys rich boys and their stupid Tommy Hilfiger tops with the collar pulled up and their riducalous looking shoes :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭peterl

i agree...these people mistake style with an ostentatious display of badly worn, poorly fitting, overpriced, so-called designer name tat.
    They think that because their clothing is expensive, it looks good !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

peterl wrote:
    i agree...these people mistake style with an ostentatious display of badly worn, poorly fitting, overpriced, so-called designer name tat.
    They think that because their clothing is expensive, it looks good !
    in fairness, this perception is not reserved to ruggerheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭peterl

sadly, no

yea whoever said the eyebrow peircing and grey sweat pants was a mile off,what type of runners are there that I won't be called a scumbag for wearing,and don't turn this into a thread against rugger buggers

Hmm runners...converse maybe? My bros a rugger bugger, hardly ever see him in runners, except in the gym, they're jus Adidas (the non skanger type)

I'm sure you have the Leinster rugby jersy, oh n the Lions

R.B. jeans try Tommy.

Polo shirts are usually good aswell, seen some pretty nice ones in BT2

I've noticed a lot of R.Bs wear Jean Paul Gautier for men, and it smells absolutely gorg! it's around €60 or a 500 ml bottle (this is from gettin friends bday pressies!)

Some rugger buggers wear NY caps, pulled kinda down over their faces, looks kinda sexy.

Eh what else....oh for formal suits try Brown Thomas (they're expensive, but an investment)

Oh O'neills of couse, for those days where you'e just not bothered!

Can't really think of anything else...but anymore questions just ask...ill jus ask my bro :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Fake tan - that's the rage amongst the rugger dudes at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

If you have to actually ask about how to become one then.... :/

Why are you trying so hard to be something that you're not?

coughs *try-hard!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

"Rugger Buggers For Dummies" is also being sold under the title of Ross O Carroll Kelly

as someone else said, why are you "trying" to be something your not? If you are really a Rugger bugger you wouldnt be asking for help. And if you really are Gick, why don't you copy all the guys in your school

Fake tan - that's the rage amongst the rugger dudes at the moment.

seriously :eek: fu**in nonces they deserve a good hiding in my book,only gay men should wear fake tan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Nightwish wrote:
    "Rugger Buggers For Dummies" is also being sold under the title of Ross O Carroll Kelly

as someone else said, why are you "trying" to be something your not? If you are really a Rugger bugger you wouldnt be asking for help. And if you really are Gick, why don't you copy all the guys in your school

couldnt of said that better myself , now me i think ive a great sense of fashion i dont tend to follow trend i tend to wear what i look good in and what i feel comfy in maybe try this and you will get more satisfaction from looking well rather then looking like the guy sitting next to you

I prefer to be a trendy,I don't like attention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Gick is a troll, this is a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned the playful towel-slapping which mutates into a fully-fledged Greek Orgy in the showers after the league final over your rival school/college's team.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

What ever happened to being unconventional???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭AndyWarhol

Giblet wrote:
    Gick is a troll, this is a fact.

Leave Gick alone. Just cos he's an immature Terenure rugger bugger that not many people like, doesn't mean he's a troll.

He's contributing valid opinion, which u may not like (indeed I), but at least he's contributing unlike you and your ad hominem arguing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Refrain from insulting other users please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Not sure about rugger buggers, but if you decide for the Munster/midlands GAA player look.

A tracksuit top representing the club/school/college you play for is essential.
    Hair must be plastered with gel.
    Jeans or O'Neills obviously.
    White runners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

AndyWarhol wrote:
    Leave Gick alone. Just cos he's an immature Terenure rugger bugger that not many people like, doesn't mean he's a troll.

He's contributing valid opinion, which u may not like (indeed I), but at least he's contributing unlike you and your ad hominem arguing.

"ad hominem" eh? I usually attack inconsistencies in other peoples posts. In fact in my earlier "discussion" with gick I was testing his intellect about his knowledge of class structure. Only after I had found that he was indeed clueless did I attack him as a poster due to his gimmicky hostile style of posting.

Any back on topic. To deliberately persue a fashion trend based on who you want to be is a bit silly. Clothes defining the person? Very unfashionable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

eeeeek if you're looking for Runners to go with your new look in my opinion go for a nice pair of diesil runners from bt2's!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Why Why WHY would you become a rugger bugger???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Gick, is that you with the red hair in your signature picture? If so, the rugger bugger doesn't really suit everyone and I think you're one it wouldn't suit. Why not just stick to basic casual stuff? Nice hoodies with jeans, and nice runnders (Puma or vintage Nike) and minimum hair gel and no highlights?

alright,I'm not ''becoming'' a rugger bugger,I already am one,I was just looking for people to recommend clothes that suit my style and Giblet we know you're just calling me clueless because you couldn't get me to change my opinons and you're probably just jealous that I have brains AND athletic ability while it seems with regard to your hostile comments about rugby players that you just have brains and a useless body,there's a lot of people like you around,we call them nerds.as I'v already said sexyD4 that's not me in the pic,thanks to people who recommended clothes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Gick wrote:
    alright,I'm not ''becoming'' a rugger bugger,I already am one,I was just looking for people to recommend clothes that suit my style and Giblet we know you're just calling me clueless because you couldn't get me to change my opinons and you're probably just jealous that I have brains AND athletic ability while it seems with regard to your hostile comments about rugby players that you just have brains and a useless body,there's a lot of people like you around,we call them nerds.as I'v already said sexyD4 that's not me in the pic,thanks to people who recommended clothes

*claps sarcastically*

Well done on trying to live the stereotype. You have brains and athletic ability? This makes you special how? When you get to college you'll meet plenty of people both smarter and fitter/stronger than you are. Cop yourself on and get yourself out of the childish mindset that involves calling people nerds because they disagree with you. You'll find that many of us here, myself included, used to play quite a bit of sport in our younger years. We just don't identify ourselves through it. It really isn't a big deal.

You seem to tie your identity to your sport. Seriously, stop and think for a second would you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

ive noticed them around with the hawian shorts and the k swiss runners, i.e.
    ive just spent the summer in santa barbara running up daddys mc

Leave Gick alone, he's just looking or places to buy certain clothes.
    If sumone came on wondering where to get a suit or summin noone would be judging.

• Advertisement

Gick wrote:

sad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

don't forget to replace all "u"s with "o"s when speaking.

Leave Gick alone, he's just looking or places to buy certain clothes.
    If sumone came on wondering where to get a suit or summin noone would be judging.

Eh? What are you on about? A suit is a specific type of clothing.

What would be comparable would be someone coming on wanting to know how to dress like a:

Soccer Player,
    Metal fan,
    Emo fan,
    etc

Plus, people's issues seem to be with Gick's attitude, nothing more. I personally couldn't care less about how he dresses, that's his business and I hope he's happy with the way he dresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Giblet, adele, ferdi, nesf, jonny68, timay - your posts have nothing to do with Gick's original query.

If people don't like the clothes that are stereotypically associated with rugby players, this is not the thread to whinge about it.

And Gick, leave off the nerd-bashing. It's not going to help you get an answer to your query.

This thread will be locked if it doesn't get back on topic pronto.

simu

alright,no more posts about crap,just talk about the clothes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Canters dude, its all about the canters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Sangre wrote:
    Canters dude, its all about the canters!
    I was ust about to say that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Eh, what is a canter?

Anyway, Gick, if you want to dress like a rugby player, ask some rugby players you know what they wear. Or go to some rugby pub and watch what the people there are wearing. And, I guess you can't go wrong with actual rugby shirts!

simu wrote:
    Eh, what is a canter?

Anyway, Gick, if you want to dress like a rugby player, ask some rugby players you know what they wear. Or go to some rugby pub and watch what the people there are wearing. And, I guess you can't go wrong with actual rugby shirts!

Tracksuits/Fleeces from whatever team they play for seems to be the norm too. Well, at least with college teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nure05

the only place to be a proper rugger bugger is the nure aka gick,where to be a true rugger bugger,you need .1)either jct/sct black canterbury pants
    .2)cargo pants if you desire
    N.B some may like dubes,but out of all the private rugby schools,nure is the only place where u WONT find a lot of them! :confused:

ah in fairness there's a lot of dubes in the nure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The 'nure is a hole and full of knackers, you'll never be a rugger bugger going there so just give up now.

........notice to people.Ignore Sangre's post he's just desperate for some attention,probably a terriible rugby player that's jealous of people like me,back on topic the Dundrum shopping centre is a better place for my style of clothing than Grafton street imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nure05

dundrum n grafton r both equally dedly cos in dundrum theres like H&M,zara,J&J,house of fraser!and in grafton theres like BT2 n river island best shop evr!!!but nvr step foot on d forbidden henry street unless ur goin t the new H&M open nxt month i think,it looks huge cant wait!!

*sighs*

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement