Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strawberry cheese cake

• 28-09-2005 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

i made a strwberry cheese cake and it wouldnt solidify!
    anyone know how to fix this.

and also anyone have any good recipies??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is my mother's version and the jelly ensures that it always sets.

Base - Mix crushed digestives and melted butter. Press into tin and chill.

Filling - Whip a carton on cream until stiff. Add 1 tub of Philadelphia, and a carton of yougurt in the desired flavour. Now here's my mom's secret. Break a block of appropriatly flavoured/coloured jelly up into a bowl, add a tiny splash of water and microwave till melted. Do this in bursts of a few second each, stirring every time. Add this to the mix and combine well.

Pour into the tin and chill. For extra niceness, mix some fruit (strawberries) through the mix before pouring into the tin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yep, use either gelatine leaf, or just a flavoured jelly. Taking soft cheese and mixing it with liquid ingredients is just going to make it even softer, runnier and likely to create something similar to a sort of 'biscuit with fruit sauce' desert, as opposed to cheesecake.

Hate when cheesecake goes wrong though, especially since they can be bloody expensive to make depending what you're using...

Advertisement