Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD took offline

• 28-09-2005 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

It means the item was bootleg or an illegal copy. Ebay does not like bootleg, but many people continue buying it offline without any problems.

What's the seller's feedback like?

Unless his/her feedback is dodgy I would see no problem with the sale, though you will not be covered by any refund system. I have bought some 'unofficial' versions of things in the past and they have always arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

dont expect the dvd tbh.
    were they real sales?
    Ie- did he buy 1000 stamps from another account that himself owned to spoof his feedback?

You should have known that it was a pirate copy in the first place. Even if you have no hangups about buying bootlegs, you have no comeback if anything goes wrong, like now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

If he responds to your email, I can't see why there would be a problem. Ebay take a lot of listings off, and people continue dealing with the sellers without problems.

Given that he deals in bootlegs and rarities, I'd say it will be ok - it would be interesting to hear how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭mmm12

would there not be a danger when buying dvds off ebay ,that they are just copied (bootleg) versions and that u could get caught by the irish authorities (customs,garda?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Com'on - dont post up questions and then say "i knew it was illegal". Looks silly - loackage!

Nukem

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement