Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is eircom broadband "time" at a flat rate?

• 28-09-2005 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I have been told it is both 20 hours per month allowance and 5gb per month.
    But which is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

More than likely both. Exceed either and you will be metered. Or have your D/L capped.

Its a crap product. Shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Read the website. There's no d/l cap. Download all you can eat in 20 hours for the one fee of 24.99 (after offer price of 19.99). Time spent over 20 hours is charged, up to a maximum. Again, details are on the website.

I too would advise you to shop around, as there are better offerings out there (both timed, and untimed).

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Heffo

Aww... no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

20hours a month unlimited download
    the price is capped at €30 a month if you exceed your time.

1mb connection with unlimited download for €30 a month, doesn't sound bad to me at all ;)

Say I left it on for around 120 hours... How much could that cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

Broadband Time allows a customer 20 hours on-line. Once a customer exceeds the 20 hour limit they will be charged a standard 4cent per minute (0.03306 ex vat) to a cap of €30.00 (€24.79 ex. vat) for the excess usage.
    That's a cap of €30.00 for the excess usage. So it's a max of €54.99 (€49.99 promo rate).

Thanks be to Jaysus!

Advertisement