Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Arsenal Team

• 28-09-2005 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

The following are links to players and things from my Arsenal squad.

http://thedoc.owned.me.uk/FootballManager

There is links to pics of what i see as my clubs biggest assest of what i have bought. Except Henry of course. =)

I found Scott Parker to be a gem, he scores lots of goals and sets up many.

Robinho is a very good player.He hasnt excelled yet but he is new so I'll give him some time.

Hernan Crespo was a very good signing. But he felt he wasnt getting enough first team football and took like some of my other players and requested to be sold, Flamini and Van Persie jumped o nthe same boat, but he is a very good player who scores lots for me.

Alan Smith. He is used in my kinda link up role. He scores and creates and wins alot of aerial balls. He is a very good player and I've noticed him scoring many of his 1v1

Dennis BErgkamp retired this season and moved onto being one of my top coaches.

Labinto Harbuzi is a guy ive been buying for years. He is a very good player and possess qualities to be top notch. A spell in the reserves usually brings him into his own.

Freddy Adu. Ive never seen much of him because i play him in the reserves, he takes along time to developand grow but I'm told he is a good player.

Henry speaks for himself. A living goal machine. But he could have so much more.

I find that with my team they miss so many easy chances, every game I'm usually making and havi 20+ shots and they all miss=/ What can i do to improve this.

Arsenal players that are good for me are also Campbell,Cygan,Lauren,Reyes and Pires. Farbregas is good but I find Viera a disapointment.

As for my tactic I chose it because I wanted some further attacking power. I found with 4-4-2 i was missing lots of chances, im solid at the back so i wanted to have smith,henry and robinho playing at the same time. So far after 2 games ive scored 9 goals conceded none =)

Guys give me some feedback. When we get the blogs going ill post more and you can really help me out, just it takes ages to copy paste and uplaod al lthe pics =D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Nice one, Parker's a great player.

My apologies but you shouldn't post your open directory on the internet, it lets nosy people like me snoop around!

who is *this* young lady??
    897766.jpg

suprise!.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Who knows (well, TheDoc, maybe) but if you like that, more of the same here: http://fusker.lewww.com/index.php?lid=933057&offset=630&special=preview (warning, insanely huge page and probably not work safe)

TheDoc: You should play wingers, they are crazily good in FM05. Particularily Ryan Smith, Wouter Vandermieren, Leonardo Pisculichi, Salomon Kalou, Hatem Ben Arfa and Matias Delgado. Not all of these will be good in every game you play, but most of them will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

o thats jsut my ftp site, its fine for people to look at them. Its mostly me and my mates,me golfing, me at my debs and those pictures are some girls i play games with, ****ing wet things =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

lafortezza wrote:
    My apologies but you shouldn't post your open directory on the internet, it lets nosy people like me snoop around!

who is *this* young lady??
    897766.jpg

suprise!.jpg

I was ROFL until i saw the second link, when my jaw dropped... :eek:

Scott Parker = God, by the way...

they are two different people. But yes fine looking girls play games, and talk very dirty too =P

But yeah parker kicks ass. I'm thinking of offloading some of my older players, pires,Viera,campbell. Sol and pires do very wel for me, Viera is very hit and miss. Sooner we get our blogs up the better, and i can talk bout me whole team and you lot can tell me where to sort out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Parker is an excellent player. Julio Baptista aswell and Kleberson. If you were to get rid of Pires, Viera, Campbell, who will you be replacing them with?

Have a look for Lorik Cana an albanian DMC as replacement for Vieira. I got him for about 8 million from a club in France and he's pretty good as a creative and tackling DMC.
    For a DC have a look at Hubschman and Squillaci. Naldo and Alex (from PSV) are some decent brazilian DC's that were in the Brazil 1st team for me in 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Freddy Guarin is the ultimate DMC.

And Lebohang Mokoena for FC.

Many many years of success with those two.

i cant get moko a fecking permit =(

Guys I cant praise alan Smith enough. I picked him up for 6 mill and he is now worth 20. In 9 games he has 14 goals. He scores like 2 every game. He always seems to be there to tap in rebounds and he has 19 composure so he scores most 1v1, hes brilliant, check him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Vilakazi is excellent AMC, work permit is no problem for him.
    Vandermieren is an excellent AML.

Look at them also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Played as Newcastle started the game last week. First season i got 6th in the league and next season came first with 94points. Won both domestic cups and the UEFA cup. The 3rd season i won the league with 102points all domestic cups and the Champions league also the super cup and aisian cup. Only lost 2 games & 2 draws in the season.

Have done some mad mad stuff in this game with getting people on free then selling them for 50million a year later. Also sold one player for 100million. Play this game using the euros i know some people still use the pounds.

Will give my list of players who i think are top class when i get home. These players can be picked up for about 15mill all the way down to 250k and who i think are just brill.

BadCharlie wrote:
    Have done some mad mad stuff in this game with getting people on free then selling them for 50million a year later. Also sold one player for 100million. Play this game using the euros i know some people still use the pounds.

Nothing better than selling poached players for mad money. I got van der Vaart in the second season for free and sold him to R.Madrid a year later for €75m and then I poached a generated wonderkid from Caen and sold him for €70 to Barca two years later. :D

Another class player is Mario Alberto Santana. Worth every penny.

Well I have bought Guarin and sold pires. Crespo is sitting on my bench rotting, his morale is very poor, wants to leave. Smith and robinho are doing superb and are keeping henry on the bench.

But I really need another winger. I'm looknig to get Joaquin but he is £30m in my game. Now that pires is gone i have reyes,llungberg and pennent. Pennant is poor, reyes is one of my best player but tires. I need a solid replacement, someone who is cheap but can come in and do well, or maybe even get into my starting eleven

Vandermieren(AM L, 400k, 15) or Santana(AM RL, 6-10m, 20)

Take your pick, both helped me win the champions league a couple of times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ben Arfa always comes good.

Also have a look at Vincent Kompanys brother! francois.

he's only 15 when you start, but is class in about 2 years!

Edit: Also Jonathan legar

your man kompany,francois doesnt appear in my game, also im stil ltrying to find alexander farnerud.

Oh right, i only found him cos he was in Vincents Favourite personnel....

Did you get Ben Arfa?

i also need a keeper.

Have a look at one of my new Arsenal games, in 2013. Some good players here....

• Advertisement

Sebastián Saja GK
    Alexander Farnerud plays for Strasbourg at the start of the game.

What size database are you using and how many leagues running?

well at start i jsut pikced premiership and i think its on small. Cant find saja either.

just that in champo 4 when id put on alrge database or more then 1 lague id wait forever laoding.

Thats your problem, most ppl use a large database, thats why ya cant find some players. I have about 15 leagues going aswell, loading can take 5 seconds to 3 minutes. Small price for a realistic challenge.

well at start i jsut pikced premiership and i think its on small. Cant find saja either.

just that in champo 4 when id put on alrge database or more then 1 lague id wait forever laoding.

Got some of these guys on free. Mark van bommel you get after the frist year his a must for anyteam. Naldo you get cheap at xmass the first year. Just when you buy him change trasfer date to Brazil and you get him at xmass other wise you have to wait a year and a half before you get him " got him for a mill ". Van der vart i got for free his a great players also marcos free.

But the 2 best players on that team i think are Tevez, he plays behind the strikers and has scored 56 goals the frist season for me. Philipp Lahm is the other. After you get him you would be able to sell him for about 75mill the season after.

If you are stuck for cash get Katan the first season he plays well and you can sell him for about 25mill after ".5mill to buy". Mauro Esposito is another good player who can be sold on for big bucks.

This is a screen shot of my current team. I don't think its as good as last seasons but im coming to the end of the season and have lost only one game so far. Have over 300mill in the bank but can only spend 210 of that on new players. I think newcastle could do with me as manager :)

i dont understand how you people get your players scoring so muhc, like the guy with his cehlsea team with adriano scoring like 50 goals a season.....i jsut cant do it.

Anyone have any suggestions for a very good centre half, young, preferably cheap enough. I have campbell coming to an end with cygan and toure, and senderos, but id like another centre half who is solid and very good.

and suggestions welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hubschmann, Zokora.

Anyone have any suggestions for a very good centre half, young, preferably cheap enough. I have campbell coming to an end with cygan and toure, and senderos, but id like another centre half who is solid and very good.

and suggestions welcome.

Naldo top class. Look at my screen pic and there are lots of good players on it.

Just finished season 4 now. Won 36 league games and drawed 2 thats a 110points. Have not lost a league game in over 50games now :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

they are two different people. But yes fine looking girls play games, and talk very dirty too =P
    40 Year old men.

• Advertisement

i dont understand how you people get your players scoring so muhc, like the guy with his cehlsea team with adriano scoring like 50 goals a season.....i jsut cant do it.
    It's all about tactics. A standard 4-4-2 just doesn't cut it without tweaks and adjustments.

Advertisement