Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creating account

Options
  • 28-09-2005 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

Hi ya,
    just got broadband so bear with me if this sounds very beginners stuff. I'm trying to create an account BF2 I filled in the details user name password etc and then the creating account appears, thats the problem , it doesn't move from there? like its crashed, I can still go back so it doesnt seemed to have crashed, just doesn't want tomove forward!
    any body encounter this or am i missing someting really stupid (which I may be)!
    cheers
    hanging for a game online!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

Creating Accounts
    We have received some feedback that for some users the Create Account process seems to stall indefinitely on some systems. It is our experience that this can occur if some needed game ports are blocked. Before playing the Battlefield 2 Demo (or the retail game when it ships), please be sure that your firewall is allowing traffic through the following ports:

UDP/TCP 29900
    TCP 80
    TCP 4711
    TCP 29901
    UDP 1500-4999
    UDP/TCP 1024-1124
    UDP 28910
    UDP 16567
    UDP 55123-55125

From Community update 6/14/05

Dunno if that's any help to you, I seem to remember something else about the account screen hanging, but can't remember where I saw it....

Edit: I seem to remember someone somewhere having this same problem, they thought it had crashed, but when they went to log into a game it turned out their account had been created. Maybe just check it, try joining a game to see if your account is active....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It should be created though doesn't look like it.

Use the 'retrive account 'button to force BF2 to download the account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

cheers guys,
    I've now downloaded a fix patch from BF2 website (just after i made this thrend) anyhow cutting a long story short the game now wont run at all! I've gott wait till I'm in work tomorrow and find the copy, ah well.Once i install again I'll try yer advice,
    thanks
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

mike same thin happened me but i cant even go back LOL piece of poo.

EDIT: i seem to be stalking you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

A quick one, this seems a good thread for it (instead of starting anew one):

Can I retrieve/keep using my demo account once I install the full thing? (and oRnein9, if you clock this, have you posted it yet - man, it's taking ages!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

You can retrieve your demo account and use it.

OP reinstall and/or use a new email addy to make new account.

hey I finally managed to get it working!
    anybody reccomend a local server?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

mike how did u do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

with [tig] is pretty good most times although i sometimes get laggy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you're on UTV internet, don't bother with the TiG server, they get ****e pings to it. All the other ISP's seem grand on it though.

Few other good servers (don't have IP's but they're easy to find in all-seeing eye):
    Bamboo Commandos
    Simian Cage
    Desert Rats clan
    Freddy's House

Most of them are 64 player. I think the simian cage one is 40 player.

• Advertisement

well blahblah06
    to be honest I'm pretty computer stupid so after lots of frustrations got my friend whos a bit smarter than me to help out. I'm with smartbroadand and he went into the router and changed setting opened more links, by default the smart broadband setup isnt great i think, its good cause its safe but u need to open more ports.
    thanks for 82.195.136.136
    yea being messin around for the last half hour, the lagg thing a really anoying..ah well good action though:)

So I now seem to be having problems with the graphics breaking up in parts(even at low quality), i've turned as a test off all the BG interference such as the firewall, is there any particular pogrammes that BF 2 doesnt like on the machine that might cause this?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

miketv wrote:
    So I now seem to be having problems with the graphics breaking up in parts(even at low quality), i've turned as a test off all the BG interference such as the firewall, is there any particular pogrammes that BF 2 doesnt like on the machine that might cause this?

All firewalls and anti-virus (though Norton and McAfee have been reported to be the worst).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Is this F'Wall / Anti'V thing with the full version only? Got AVG 7 and Sygate F'Wall with the demo and no probs whatsoever... :confused: (although for the record, I had to "allow" BF2 under F'Wall rules)

Advertisement