Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would recommending IBB on 3 Rock be insane?

• 28-09-2005 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

If I were to recommend somebody near 3 Rock to go for IBB, could I expect to have pints thrown over me in the future?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I wouldn't waste my pint. I'd seek to have "irony" redefined in the dictionary though. Please don't say it's Ripwave, an' all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

YESYES
    Blaster99 wrote:
    If I were to recommend somebody near 3 Rock to go for IBB, could I expect to have pints thrown over me in the future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Any Chance of setting up,Stay away, Its Shííte Auto Response when people ask is the IBB service any good. There is WAYYYYYY to many of them...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Blaster99 wrote:

If they can't get wired BB like NTL/Smart/BT, then Digiweb Metro or Clearwire might be slightly safer options, but still a little risky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

A couple of problems: at least one static IP address is required and upload speed is important. Digiweb (a) is unproven (b) doesn't have a static IP address offering that's worth considering (c) no mentioning of being able to offer more than one (d) have poor upload speeds unless you spend crazy-ass money and then you're capped. Clearwire doesn't do static IP so they're out. He can get NTL but most of the above applies. I think the only real alternative is Leap, but they're very expensive in the scheme of things. If he was just a vanilla user, I would say go with NTL.

3 Rock users, I presume the IBB service is fairly stable and does deliver good performance normally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

IBB has been generally very good for me off 3Rock.. There was a period when I had very poor sevice but I have been able to max out my connection regularly for months now and my roundtrip time to boards.ie is a stable 8ms..

Advertisement