Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drop down menu

Options
  • 28-09-2005 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭

dont know how much or if it would be an improvement but just wondering if the drop down menu's could be changed.
    for example clicking on the region forum the drop down menu appears, then selecting east...to get to dublin city you have to move all the way over to the right and sometimes it falls off and you have to start again :D probably just me though, but would it not be better to have the further options appear on the left?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Afaik the browser you use decides this depending on how far from the scroll bar/left hand side of the page the drop down is.

Like if you hover on anything that'll drop accross near the right hand side the menu will appear on the left.

I could be wrong about that though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Another small thing about the drop down menus - I tried out Opera and the ad on each boards page obscured some of each drop down menu. I don't know why, I dunno if there's a fix and humblest apologies if it's been pointed out before.

/tips hat in thanks for a great service

/closes door

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

*Inserts random firefox plug* don't know about opera but with firefox you can get an extension called adblock which you can customise to block certain ad's for example i never see a google text ad anywhere anymore thanks to this fine piece of programming

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Of course, by blocking the ads your depriving boards of advertising income. The banner system is also used to pimp boards things like the paintball one I'm seeing at the moment.

Advertisement