Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killiney IBB gone slow

• 28-09-2005 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed a speed drop on the Killiney IBB AP? I'm getting roughly 300kbps down and about 80kbps up on a supposed Breeze 2Mb connection.

I'm wondering could the dish be blown off slightly, but then again it is clamped on tight to the pole and it hasnt got much surface area to act as a 'sail' to be pushed by the wind!

Ping times to

boards.ie =20mS
    google.ie =100mS

Just mainly interested to see if I am not alone here.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

humaxf1 wrote:
    ...getting roughly 300kbps down and about 80kbps up on a supposed Breeze 2Mb connection.

That seems like a great download speed of 300kps.
    BTW they only guarantee 85kbs download + upload speed on a 2mb 24:1 connection, but crap "symmetrical!!!???" upload speed :(

But your pings seam to be way better than mine... Im just spiking abit like from a nice 20ms ping to 211ms :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

hmmm...

I'm used to over 1000kbps download and about 7-800kbps upload. Its probably more people getting connected to the pipe I'm on...and they are all using bit torrent or some peer-peer program LOL.

Goin on their contentin of 24:1, 2048/24=85kbps per person, I suppose I'm lucky to get what I'm getting. I'll leave it for a short while and if it doesnt improve, I might enquire with IBB as to what could be wrong!

Advertisement