Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How would you spend yours?

Options
  • 28-09-2005 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

1. You got €30k cash to spend on a motor. New or used. What would you go for?

2. You swear to yourself that this is your absolute limit. What dream machine would tempt you to completely ignore this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Mitsubishi Eclipse or RX-7

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Probably an RX-8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

A Bmw M5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

How... common. (Ok, apart from the M5.)

I'd go for this lovely horse...

armotorsC-CWhi801.jpg

...and either this...

69roadr18225-A.JPG

...or this...

jordanINTRED933.jpg

...with the change going towards tax, insurance, and a large party to celebrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 TE0N

Two cars that ive driven recently, (and wish i owned)

1) Skoda Fabia vRS, this car is amazing, preformance to embarrass cars costing 3 times as much, good handling, and itll help keep you in the green.

2) Dodge Magnum R/T, this is pushing 30000 euro, $33000 + importing (VRT may push it over the mark, I dunno). Drove one for 8500 miles during the summer. RWD, 5.7l Hemi, loads of grunt, great handling, acres of room, ingenius boot design, one of nearest cars to a modern muscle car. 340bhp for only 27350 euro!!!!!. Only downside, thirsty. Its painful to drive this thing hard, when you know that its just sucking gallons upon gallons of petrol from its tank.

If your looking for fun per euro then these cars offer it in huge lumps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

A BMW M-Coupe.

mcoupe.jpg

(Well, It would be €32,000)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

A 2nd hand Lotus Elise and a 1961 DS19 - like this one
    DSCN0252.jpg
    DSCN0175.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

For €30k I'd either have this tuned 180mph Jalpa (which I've been lucky to have had a ride in):
    jalpa.jpg

or this, the only Alfa I'd spend money on:
    sz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

wow that beemer coupe is only 32 grand are you serious ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

blahblah06 wrote:
    wow that beemer coupe is only 32 grand are you serious ?

It would be about 7 years old at this stage. Apparently one of the fastest/easiest to drive cars in the world. About 350bhp if i remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

That SZ is sweet (in a pig-ugly way). Not as expensive as I would have expected, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

The M-Coupe buy it buy it buy it, I had a short drive in one in the UK last summer, amazing car to drive and it looks so sweeeet. I can only ever remember seeing one here and it was on trade plates so i dont know if it was ever registered on irish plates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Defo an Evo VI upwards. I love those cars so so much.

Although I have to admit the gearbox in those are dodgy as hell.

I know a lot of people like classic cars but I for one am more modern in my buys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

30k hmmmmmmmmm.

Might be tempted by one of these

E500%20Front.jpg

E500

And room for the shopping! :D

Mike.

Of course you'll need to budget for golf clubs too Mike...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

* some of it on a full factory-fresh recond' for the MX-5

* some of it for a 2nd-hand '00 or '01 (just before the 'eye' lift) 1-owner Impreza Turbo, in silver, no mods (except for the Magnex line, couldn't own one without) + VRT (but trade the 2.0 Sport in, no point wasting dosh)

* what's left on a 2nd-hand electric Clio or 106 (import from France, so again + VRT)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Fiat Dino Spider please...

Pictogram

Or maybe my other dream...

Mmmm German

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

media?id=223582884
    taken from autotrader.co.uk

Is in uk monnies tho, might not get that car for 30k euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Merc 500E nice car alright, I think they were developed by Porsche if I not mistaken. I've seen a nice one around Limerick on French plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The M-Coupe buy it buy it buy it,

Its amazing, a mate is thinking of buying one from the UK, he was looking for an Irish one but there are only 7 on Irish plates. They are ment to be an absolute stormer on the roads........

53End_of_road.jpg

S.

• Advertisement

They're a fantastically aggressive-looking car, like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle. But in a good way.

Advertisement