Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Sync problem fixed

• 28-09-2005 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    Just letting everyone who is having a problem with any of the caymen netopia routers supplied by eircom, specially in regards to a dslsync disconnection problem.
    This is a firmware problem. I had 2 Eircom engineers check the phone line I went step by step through the settings and tested \ changed all cables throught network! I per chance downgraded the firmware back to its very original firmware version (will post most up to date working firmware) from the 7.4r2 and 7.3.3 R2. Works fine now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Thats only one possible solution for a no dsl sync error, there are many other things that can cause it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I know that but thats about the 4th or 5th router Ive fixed with dsl sync problem by downgrading firmware + if anyone has that problem the above is a suggested course of action to see if it fixes the problem

Advertisement