Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UMD Videos on Jap PSP?

Options
  • 28-09-2005 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has probably been posted here before but need to know.

Can you play european UMD movies on Jap PSP's?

I'm sure someone has tried this by now, help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Europe = Region 2
    Japan = Region 2
    Region 2 = Region 2
    answer is yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,449 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Japan and Europe for PSP UMD movies is a misconception. To clarify, European UMD-Videos will be region coded only for use with European PSP units and you will not be able to view European UMD-Videos on Japanese PSP units.The PSP movie incompatibility between Europe and Japan has been confirmed by our contacts in both Sony USA as well as Sony of Japan.Although the DVD region-2 is used in both Europe and Japan, Japanese movie DVDs are not cross compatible in Europe

Found this on a different board! Appearantly its from Sony themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I've heard that once the firmware is updated to 2.0 they will play & even if its not updated the update is available on the umd

Advertisement