Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which broadband to get

• 28-09-2005 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Any suggestion's???

I'm looking to get broadband, over a phone line; I am out of range for Irish Broadband and dont' recieve cable. I live in Skerries and would say I am a moderate internet user.

So far Esat seem to be the best deal, has anyone any other suggestion's?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Smart 2mb + free line rental = €35

However it has only limited availability.

Otherwise BT (Esat) is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

gillo wrote:
    Any suggestion's???

I'm looking to get broadband, over a phone line; I am out of range for Irish Broadband and dont' recieve cable. I live in Skerries and would say I am a moderate internet user.

So far Esat seem to be the best deal, has anyone any other suggestion's?

Esat are back !! jasus I thought they had ben taken over! :D

yup give BTIreland a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

I had my eye on ntl:. Would this be a bad choice? Everyone here seems to be using BT.

I got NTL but its not in all areas! Excellent product if your area had goood resilliance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

Thanks Drapper.

I can get ntl: in my area but I'm a bit green to all this.

Can you tell me what good resilliance is?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

As long as your not in D15, then NTL is the best BB service in Ireland IMO.

I have had DSL in the past and NTL is much more stable, with very low latency and no down time (touch wood). Also I've found NTL CS and slaes staff to be excellent!!!

I highly recommend it and also it has more room then DSL to expand in the future.

bk wrote:
    Also I've found NTL CS and slaes staff to be excellent!!!

wtf, you sure your on to the right number?

(btw I am in D15 with NTL)

Resilliance, signal is good to your area and cable to your house are fine!

Give'em a lash! I've NTL but its been up and down in my area! Due to demand and NTL not keeping up with this!

all in all a great product.

Advertisement