Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest Tag Team

• 29-09-2005 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

So everyones seen how the greatest/worst wrestler threads have taken off and somewhere somebody mentioned their fav tag team, so who's it gonna be for the rest of ye?

Back in the day mine was The Hart Foundation because as a kid they "Looked Cool" but lookin back now i know they were a LOT more than just "cool."
    Overall though its hard to beat The New Age Outlaws, you'd be hard pushed to find a "team" like them with the charisma and talent that can hold your attention from the minute they came through the curtains ("OH YOU DIDNT KNOW!!?") right till the final bell.

Its often talked about how well individual superstars portray themselves as heels or babyfaces but if ever a TagTeam suceeded at both then surely it was The Outlaws!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked Edge & Christian.

Charisma, talent and toughness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    forgot about them. they ruled,some great stuff when foley was commish. not as much as the outlaws though cos at the end of the day edge was in em! ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the 5 second poses were great

i thought the Hardys were pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Overall probably Edge and Christian. Head Cheese werent without their charm though...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 corpus

Bottom line best Tag team EVER!

ROAD WARRIORS - L.O.D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'd go for Edge & Christian over the new age outlaws. Mainly because they had better opponents in the Hardy Boyz and the Dudleyz, tag division was in better condition when they were at their prime than when the NAO were at theirs.

Also I think they were a lot more charasmatic then the days of old when hte hart foundation, the rockers, the british bulldogs, demolition et al were competing

Have never been impressed by the Road Warriors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Billy and Chuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

The Undertaker + anybody

He's held the tag titles with a bunch of people:

Big Show, Kane, Austin, The Rock...

Usually when he was meant to be fighting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I don't know if I'd call them the greatest but I think that Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard deserve an honourable mention on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

How about tag teams like

Money inc
    Headshrinkers
    HBK and Diesel
    Owen Hart and British Bulldog

My personal faves were Hart Foundation and LOD with the outlaws running close

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

One team i actually completely forgot about, even tho they werent together long, but for their sheer intensity was Angle&Benoit!
    Remember seein them take on the guerrero's up in belfast and i still class it as the best match iv seen at a live wwe event!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

The Hardys by far. They had it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

what about cousin luke... and cousin butch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 markhyland1

Money Inc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What about Nasty Boys, Brian Knobbs and Jerrys Sags?!?! :p

L.O.D were the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 markhyland1

i think the nasty boys wer class. that was the best era of the wwf, the early 90's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

The Rockers

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

for me without doubt, even do only for a short time, jericho & benoit. but when you list other teams how about the rottens? ian & axel, simon diamond & swinger [mnms snapshot] joey matthews [mercury] & christian york, raven & richards, hbk & diesel, natural dissaters. to name but a few, oh & mega powers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I saw a ring of honour show the other day. Two teams that really caught my eye were the Backseat Boyz and The SAT's. Dont know much about them but I really took notice of the match. VERY fast paced.

Advertisement