Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help choosing a new phone

• 29-09-2005 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

I'm over in France getting a new phone...

There's a big selection but I've narrowed the choice to:

Samsung E630

Samsung E730

Siemens SF65

Quite like the look of the Siemens in black, but does anyone know if any of these are any good?

The full list of phones is here, in case there's anything else I should consider. I'm getting a normal "forfait" contract.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I have to admit, my last few experiences with Siemens phones has soured me somewhat on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

BuffyBot wrote:
    I have to admit, my last few experiences with Siemens phones has soured me somewhat on them.

hmmm, I've never had a siemens before, usually nokias ...what was your experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i think the best fone on the market is the k750i. i had it for ages but then sold it to get a nokia 8910i last week.

also the samsung d500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

jm2k wrote:
    hmmm, I've never had a siemens before, usually nokias ...what was your experience?
    Woeful. I've had two Siemens models in the last few years (SL45 and SL55) and both were the worst mistakes of purchases ever. Had to return each of them to be "repaired" multiple times. Eventually I just gave up and got better phones.

Yeah siemens look good but they dont do the job.

Same story here-several repair jobs.
    The aerial on the c62 ain't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

What kinda features are you looking for and how much are you willing to spend?
    Some of the phones there look a little old. But they also have some great ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

Thanks for all the replies, I took the advice and stayed away from the siemens, but didn't get any of the phones I was thinking about earlier.

I got a Samsung E880

It was more than I thought I'd spend (€59) but its a nice phone.
    It seemed to fit the bill as I'm a fan of the slider design, but didnt like the size of the D500.

Its my first Samsung, but it seems sturdy and with the exception of some differences when texting, its easy to navigate. The screen is also miles better than my old 6610.

PS: if anyone comes across an english manual for the phone, let me know!

Advertisement