Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cursed?

• 29-09-2005 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

< cursed? > ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i see nothing there that has 'happened to you' with the possible exception of your girlfriend leaving you (no doubt because youre overly sensitive, melodramatic and probably depressed)

all these thigns have happened, but you feel the need to take them on board. youre depressed.
    go talk to someone about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Advice? Toughen up. Life is hard and always has been. In fact, we have it a lot easier now than previous generations. Seriously, your ex left you over a year and a half ago and you're still pining for her? Man, we all lose people we wish we hadn't but we get on with it.

There are times when you have to eat the cold porridge. Suck it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I know how you feel. It seems that all you need is one break. Something to go right for once. Sick of people telling you its all in your head and if you think things will gow wrong for you they will? People with depression see the world through a distant observation and therefore the world for what i really is. People who dont suffer from depression see it all through a silver lining . Thats psychologically proven.

Anyway things are hard and **** and unless something good starts happening you will be unable to move on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

why not try to be a glass is half full person
    instead of the glass is half empty one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭dramaqueen

Life is crashing from one disaster to the next.
    What makes it interesting is what you learn from each one and how you deal with it.
    You getting a job interview has nothing to do with your dog getting sick.
    Whilst we would like to think that the universe revolves around us, it doesn't...
    Instead of waiting for the next disaster to happen, enjoy what's good. If you spend all your time focused on the bad things in your life, you'll miss all the good things.
    Self-pity breeds self-pity. Sorry mate but the only one who can make your luck turn around is yourself.
    Get out there, get a job, make new friends, take up a hobby and enjoy what time you have left with your dog. Instead of sitting at home waiting for something bad to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Glad to see your curse has been 'lifted'! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silenoz

esel wrote:
    Glad to see your curse has been 'lifted'! :D

I glad you see you're in a position to make jokes, I removed what I had to say because I found that people on here had nothing new to say.
    Basically most people just want to tell you to "cop on", they can't even pretend to hear what you have to say. Yet when somebody wants my help, I always listen...

Trust me, you can't just tell someone to change their feelings. If you feel down then you will be, people can help (if they want to...) but not if they just say stuff like:
    Sleepy wrote:

There are times when you have to eat the cold porridge. Suck it up.

I've never relied on anyone to help me, I've always dealt with my problems on my own. But still there's only so much misfortune that I can handle so sometimes it can overwhelm, so I try to reach out and see if someone CAN help me.
    I'm not going to drown in self-pity I'm too busy trying to help others when I can. I don't want pity I just want to feel that there is hope, for myself and for everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I don't want pity I just want to feel that there is hope, for myself and for everyone else.

Well i missed the original post...so might grab the wrong end of the stick buuuuuut.

i'll listen.

Looking out for someone to talk to, is an element of hope, so you dont need to look for it, its already there, but its only a small piece. If you want to tell me what it is so i can help you build on it. (or try at least.)
    Basically most people just want to tell you to "cop on", they can't even pretend to hear what you have to say.

They are hearing you, i dont know if what they are saying is what you dont want to hear, or do you feel you need some more specific advice or discussion. I can try, if you say what is above all the other problems the most cursed?

I can't do it... I can't talk about my problems anymore. Not right now, Thanks to anyone who listened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dilly1

"What you beleive about yourself - whether true or false - becomes the boundaries within which you live your life." (Prescott Lecky)

What he means is that if you think the world is out to get you, then it is.
    The opposite is also true. :)

.... although you could just be cursed. ( kidding about this last bit ;) )

• Advertisement

Dilly1 wrote:
    "What you beleive about yourself - whether true or false - becomes the boundaries within which you live your life." (Prescott Lecky)

What he means is that if you think the world is out to get you, then it is.
    The opposite is also true. :)

I think this is a very true statement. When all the bad things are happening in my life I tend to focus on them a lot. And yet when sometime good does happen I never really focus on that, because I tend to be waiting for the next bad thing to happen. I don't think the world is out to get me. I just feel I need a break from all the pain people cause me.

Right now I'm not feeling too bad. I'll try to focus on how I feel now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

all the pain people cause you.

telling statement.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

silenoz wrote:
    I just feel I need a break from all the pain people cause me.

the only way people can cause you pain is if you let them

stop blaming others for how you feel and face the fact that you have some personal growth to work on.
    I'm not saying that to be a bitch, I'm saying it because it's one of lifes truths that you haven't grasped yet, the sooner you do, the happier you'll be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

i cant see anything in the original post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

silenoz wrote:
    I think this is a very true statement. When all the bad things are happening in my life I tend to focus on them a lot. And yet when sometime good does happen I never really focus on that, because I tend to be waiting for the next bad thing to happen. I don't think the world is out to get me. I just feel I need a break from all the pain people cause me.

Right now I'm not feeling too bad. I'll try to focus on how I feel now. :)

The original post is gone, but it seems to me from the above that you are probably looking for other people to make you happy, which in my experience never works and then you start blaming other people when you are not happy.

You need to learn to be happy in your own skin, and ask yourself why does what other people do effect you so badly ...

Advertisement