Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Orleans Benefit gig, Bluegrass, Jazz, Blues & Country-Voodoo Lounge Tues. 4th Oct

Options
  • 29-09-2005 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Dathi, I hope you don't mind me posting this on Xfm's forum. South FM don't do alternative programs, no competition here.

Froggy
    From my good friend Liz:

Hi guys,
    I'm organizing a New Orleans Night in association with Dublin South Fm, Community Radio, for Common Ground Community Clinic, New Orleans. Oct 4th The Voodoo Lounge 8-12pm. 8 euros or by donation. Bluegrass, Jazz, Blues & Country. Music starts 8:30 sharp.

It's a great lineup & a great cause. Details are below. I'll really appreciate it if you come along & spread the word about it too.It's going to be a great night, speakeasy style. The music is great now all I have to do is fill the Voodoo Lounge. Please help!
    Thanks & hugs,
    Liz

Tickets at the door. Benefit for Common Ground Community Clinic, Algiers, New Orleans.See www.commongroundrelief.org

The lineup is

Prison Love Bluegrass www.prisonlove.info

The Mongrels http://www.eofeasa.ie/goodgigs/themongrels/The_Mongrels.htm

Joan Enguita Country/Blues - California www.joanenguita.com

Ross Breen 1920s jazz www.rossbreen.com

Jerome Poirier Skat and double bass - France. http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jeromepoirier/Selection/

Colin Scallan Blues/Rock/Funk http://artists.cpu.ie/bands/129/about.php

In association with local radio station, Dublin South FM, I am organizing a benefit night for Common Ground, a grassroots community group, based in Algiers in New Orleans which has been organizing throughout Hurricane Katrina & is setting up a permanent community clinic.This event is about community helping community, solidarity not charity.
    The gig will take place in The Voodoo Lounge on Arran Quay in Dublin city centre from 8pm on Tues. Oct. 4th. Suggested donation at the door is 8 euro, or what people can give. It will be a New Orleans Night with Jazz, Blues, Bluegrass and Irish music. Links to Common Ground and more details are below.Please spread the word, it'll be a great night of blues, jazz, bluegrass and more.
    Thanks,
    Liz Curry

Common Ground
    Volunteers from all over the U.S. including Food Not Bombs, are working with Common Ground to provide healthcare, food and basic necessities in the worst hit areas of New Orleans. Common Ground wants to keep the clinic going as a permanent community clinic. They need more medics, volunteers ,supplies and donations. See www.neworleansindymedia.org for updates, www.commongroundrelief.org for details & volunteer's stories www.realreports.blogspot.com
    www.democracynow.org for an interview with Malik Rahim, a veteran of the Black Panther Party & New Orleans community activist whose house in Algiers is a centre for relief operations.

Supplies Common Ground is currently delivering large quantities of both food and hygiene supplies to those in the Algiers area and beyond, including areas that remain unvisited by traditional support organizations. We are in need of basic supplies like toothpaste, shampoo, etc., as well as safety gear like rubber boots and mold/pollen-strength dust masks.If you would like to send supplies directly to the Common Ground group, please use the following Post Office box:

Common Ground
    P.O. Box 3216
    Gretna, LA 70054

Keep in mind that while we can recieve reasonably-sized packages at this special, temporary PO BOX, larger donations should be shipped in directly to one of Common Ground's community relief centers. Please send an short, informative email to commongroundrelief@gmail.com to arrange your donation today.

Direct Monetary Contributions

If you would like to send cheques, please make them payable to:

Common Ground
    P.O. Box 3216
    Gretna, LA 70054

Yahoo! for Good
    Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Advertisement