Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some people have all the luck

• 29-09-2005 8:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

one of the girls in work called me over this mornin to ask me how much the psp was...so i said 255 in the shops...anyway she said she saw a guy in liffey valley (won't say which shop)..gettin a psp for E150...i questioned this and she said it was for definate because he came back into the shop and bought another one...smart fecker...fair play to him...anyone else heard of this???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

by shop do you mean back of a van ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

no a shop in liffey valley like a proper game retailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thats very weird, a guy in work here said a mate of his who works in a well known shop that sell's PSP (and cd/dvds) has offered him a psp for €150, i Dont have all the info but, it seemed legit as he was offered this in front of a few members of staff in the store, he didnt have €150 on him but is calling up later to pick it up?

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Thats very weird, a guy in work here said a mate of his who works in a well known shop that sell's PSP (and cd/dvds) has offered him a psp for €150, i Dont have all the info but, it seemed legit as he was offered this in front of a few members of staff in the store, he didnt have €150 on him but is calling up later to pick it up?

S.

I reckon they're probably the stock from that van that was knocked off the week of release.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

There is Game, Virigin, Golden Disks , Sony and Dixsons in Liffey Valley.

Cant see and of them selling for less than RRP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

The cost price of the PSP to the retailers is over €200 so its either someone selling to their mates on the cheap i.e. stealing from the shop or it works out at €150 if you buy eleven games 13 1gig ms pro duo's and a starter kit you might make a saving of €105 on the package deal? :confused:

Untill I see a receipt from my mate with the price on it, Its a load of shíte.

S.

maybe its not the value pack...
    who cares though we all have our psps at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

if there's one going for that price i'd get it just to play around with the whole homebrew thing. i'm not going to go mad with my psp if it means i could brick the thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Placebo wrote:
    maybe its not the value pack...
    who cares though we all have our psps at this stage

I dont

*wipes tear away from eye*

• Advertisement

if there's one going for that price i'd get it just to play around with the whole homebrew thing. i'm not going to go mad with my psp if it means i could brick the thing

nah , they wouldnt brick that easy, psp is useless without homebrew or so it seems after you crack it. I just got a notepad and i can read/write txt files, not ure if i can play music at same time but before all this it seemed pretty much useless.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Its possible hes selling it at staff prices maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Staff prices are rarely below what the shop buys them for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

staff price would only be like 30 or 40 quid off

Ye, its a load of bollox. My workmate was talking ****e, I made him show me the reciept and its €255. Cheeky fúcker.

Advertisement