Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freddy Adu- how old can you go?

• 29-09-2005 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I've hit the 2026/27 season and Freddy Adu is still a regular fixture in my starting 11- despite being 36 or 37- bit of a super sub for all conquering Norwich city!

Plus he's played 204 games for the USA which is damn near incredible

Wayne Rooney on the other hand went into management a few years ago, Michael Owen has managed Liverpool twice, and Man Utd are top of the league- the first two maybe, but the third could never happen :)

How old do you think cherub faced Freddy will get before he packs it in- he's got a four year contract!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'd say Rooney is a manager in the mould of Cloughy, giving his players a proper clip around the ear. I remember in my season that went to pretty much the same season, Shearer kept getting linked with the Newcastle job, then got it and was terrible!

Also there's something very wrong with seeing players who play for you that were born in 2012!

Thats when you know you have a problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

HE should be able to hit 40. I had Roy Keane playing regularly for me at 39. I twice convinced him to reconsider retirement until he retuired at the end of that season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭GadgetFiend

i think youre right about rooney there joesoap- he 'has a fairly poor opinion of me' anyway!

its mad who ends up making it as a manager in the game- ashley cole is a real lawrie mcmenemy/harry redknapp type on the managerial merry go round

the strangest one is zak whitbread- current liverpool reserves defender- who is a really successful manager- think he owes a debt of gratitude to me for making him captain at MK Dons back in 2006!

Advertisement