Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVC Satellite Broadband - any dealings??

• 29-09-2005 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I am looking at the possibility of connecting to AVC Satellite (www.avcbroadband.com) broadband, as I ave heard from one other person how reliable it is for my circmustances, instead of going for Last Mile Broadband.

They are a UK based firm, but can sell you the package of hardware at £99 to get connected (with no AVC engineer), and then give you a username and password etc to connec. Sounds straight forward.

Has anyone else here used AVC at all?

Seanie.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Seanie M wrote:
    Sounds straight forward.

Do you know what an LNB is and can you change a single to s twin or quad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

I reckon so, seeing as I have installed satellite TV before! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

well in that case any one way sat system should do. there is a recent thread on all of these within the past 4 days on this board, post your query in there .

There are stacks of brands of 1 way sat operating off astra 2 but I'd say most are resellers. Many have cack reputations.

Advertisement