Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

electric window has given up

Options
  • 29-09-2005 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Electric window has suddenly stopped working on driver's side of 94 Mondeo.
    Had a similar problem with a Punto and it turned out that the window regulator was knackered and needed replacing. Anyone got any ideas what else it could be (i.e anything I could check and fix myself), before I head off to a breakers to try pick up a second-hand regulator

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This happened to me in a Vectra a few years ago and it was the regulator. Was replaced twice under warranty.

The only other thing I can think of is that the mechanical arm that pushes the window up and down may be knackered but more than likely your window would fall back into the door frame if this was the case. Might be worth taking the panel off the door and check that the arm is working ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Another possibility is corrosion on the earth connection to the motor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

don't worry mate, happens to all of us. Mine has gone dead although testing the switch with a multimeter has told me it's a fuse thats gone not the motor itself.

Why not just pick up a new-old motor from a scrapyard then just have it fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kmoon

thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

hi m8,
    its more than likely the 'one touch down relay',same thing happened to me on a 94' mondeo TD a few years back,its a common enough problem,
    you will find it on the drivers door & 2 screws hold it in place.
    when mine went the drivers window would not go up or down.
    new part number is -6835787.
    hope this helps you . ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement