Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 Toll - 1/2 Price

Options
  • 29-09-2005 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

With everybody complaining about the M50 toll I have come up witha way of only having to pay half price! On each run through the coins only lane check the refund slot. There is always money in it people have left behind. Once recently it was so fiull it was overflowing. The money was offered back to the previous motorists so it cant be sealing! You will end up only paying about half your normal toll costs and it lightens the journey a little. mind you you will have to have your window rolled right down and have the car really near the machine if you are to reach it - funny that why is the basket so easy to deposit the coins into so easy to reach and the refund place not? Hmmmm ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you shouldn't really tell people about this idea. its one of those things that only works if a few people do it. thanks tho. ill make sure to be right in front of you at the toll bridge from now on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hobbie

And who ownes all the change on the ground - Can I stop and pick all that up too! , Sure the queue will be behind me so I wont be slowing myself up!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

**** it, just drive through it... Its not illegal..

and how do you make that out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

hobbie wrote:
    and how do you make that out!
    There is no mechanism available to prosecute non payers. Thats why they need the barriers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Now the M50 gets even slower because of nitwits fingering the rejected coins slot for 1 and 2 cent coins. Why not everyone sign up to eazypass instead? More express lanes = faster journey times?!

mabey thats to do with the fact that it costs more and you have to pay in advance! I wouldent be on for getting screwed more than I have to! Anyway how much quicker is the Fast pass lane? the queue is usually miles before you get to the lane anyway you mabey save 3 minutes?!? NO Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Its also usually the longest line in the Q! The coin only slots are still the fastest.
    Oh did anyone notice the recent price hike in commercials?

Before you could pay €1.80 in your average car/van like a Ford Focus. Now its €3.10 or something.. no one was told etc.. sure you can say "well its always been commercail vehicles" but if you never had to pay that much before and now you do then its obviously a price hike..

One of my co-workers when he was told this at a barrier and he did not have any more than €1.80 so he said tell you what, get all the cars behind me to reverse back and i will go through the car/coin express lane :D She said he could be prossecuted by that and he said so what its not my car its a company car... and he drove on after getting reciept for €1.80 and getting her to write on it the compaints persons name (conveniently one person on holdiay at the time!!)

Advertisement