Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst annoyance in game

Options
  • 29-09-2005 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

until recently i couldn`t decide if people just going around in helos and capping bases (not entering the fight at all) or noob tk punishment when it was there fault was the worst annoyance but now, i`ve decided that its team mates who steal your tank apc jeep when you get out to repair, it is the thing that annoys me the most.

ps what do ye think of comanders you just hide and don`t get involved at all in game expect for using the assets. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Worst annoyance? all the gobsh*ts on servers!!! have a found a few servers with decent people and have had great games but most you always have a couple of muppets!! e.g. was on Belfast Battlers or something called similiar yesterday....went on and MEC where getting hammered....was callign in for supplies and spotted no commander.....took over commander role and told everyone to join squads...nobody did as usual.....anyway start to use arti and soon had recaptured over half the map......anyway sent in arti on a flag and warned everyone I was arti it and when finsihed run in to capture.....so have 3 clown who leg it in.....get killed by arti and then they all punish.....asked them why and get back "why did you arti when we where attacking"....told them I warned them.....guess what I get back.....oh I thought you where talking to someone else....asked them if they seen the red circle on map.....get back......oh I didnt know what that was for,......these guys where in a clan as well....ohh or something at the start of there names....now that sh*t drives me nuts........

This is a class game but too many clown playing it.......to show a good game was on a clan server on Monday night with 32-32....no swapping or any of that crap........playing on 64 player maps thou......decent play and some great battles....was having a more or less one on one battle with this bloke and it was great fun.....started after I was flying heli and he got lock on so I hit flares and swung to right and went head first into him.....few secs later he says sorry.,...asked him why he was sorry cause it was my fault....answer "well so many gobsh*t around these days would have said I was doing a kamikaze on u" I just laughed and said I was the one doing the kami!! needless to say was on server for ages....looked at watch and it was 2 in morning!! times flys when in a good battle!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

n00bs who pick the support kits and then never drop ammo.
    Playing in Songhua Stalemate I'd usually be anti-tank with all those APCs and helos flying about (and a good shot at long range missle sniper :D), so my ammo goes pretty quick.
    Unless the commander knows good spots to drop supplies, I'm an the mercy of support ammo drops, and so many times I'd be shouting out for ammo... right beside them... and they'd stay there crouched down shooting and just scanning the horizon...
    Drop the ammo you idiot!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Loads of things....

People hogging vehicles...
    People jumping out of vehciles when you are giving them a lift and you inadvertently kill them....
    Punishment for accidental TK...
    Teammates strapping C4 to my plane because I got there first and blowing me up just as I take off....
    People not protecting flags is my biggest gripe....
    Nooobs, running around like muppets...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

oh, and getting killed.
    Damn annoying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

ps what do ye think of comanders you just hide and don`t get involved at all in game expect for using the assets. :mad:

I much prefer them to commanders who fly around in jets ! . I prefer my commander to command full time , and as commander I usually do this myself unless there isn't many on the server . A commander can command full time while protecting a flag or his assets . However imo , he cannot do it while flying or engaging in constant battles , and usually this type of commander uses the assets for his own benefit or ends up hogging a tank or heli that could much better be put to use by someone who can concentrate on it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

whiskeyman wrote:
    n00bs who pick the support kits and then never drop ammo.

I have recently taken to the resupply class and it amazes me how many ppl don't utilise the ammo dropped for them . I seem to have gotten a rep within the clan of a "take it , or I'll shove it where the sun don't shine " . Oh , and before anyone suggests it , check my stats , if I'm resupply padder , then I am obviously sh*t* at it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I think it's gas nicking some poor guys tank when he is repairing it... to make things even funnier, wait until he repairs it to the max and then drive away.

That's the whole point of the commander, if they get involved in the game as any other player would then they are useless. If it's a small map then yes, they should be involved, but not on a 64 map, too much for them to do...

And there is nothing wrong with noobs, you were one once. I think the most annoying thing is someone getting on the noobs back because they think they are so bloody great, but that person forgets that he/she was also a noob once upon a time...

I think it's gas nicking some poor guys tank when he is repairing it... to make things even funnier, wait until he repairs it to the max and then drive away.

Most servers you would get kicked and this is why newbies get such a bad name......if you done this to me I would make sure to get admin to kick you off the server.....funny????? dont think so!!! :mad:

That's the whole point of the commander, if they get involved in the game as any other player would then they are useless. If it's a small map then yes, they should be involved, but not on a 64 map, too much for them to do...

Agree here...like to have commander playing the commander role correctly.....seen one bloke who kept taking commander role on one server and then headed off in jet......done this for 2 maps.....admin got pissed so they kick him....proper order....you are calling in an arti strike and you commander is in the middle of a dog fight :rolleyes:
    And there is nothing wrong with noobs, you were one once. I think the most annoying thing is someone getting on the noobs back because they think they are so bloody great, but that person forgets that he/she was also a noob once upon a time...

never slag off n00bs unless they do something stupid like you mentioned above about robbing tank.....most times I will give hints and tips to people on server....e.g. tell commander to drop supplies beside arti to fix and so on!! most people I have found on any of the servers listed on this website are the same....give hints and tips......but go onto the public EA servers and n00bs will get a bashing alright.....but saying that a person could have played BF, BFV and BF2 and still be a spanner at the game!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Nelly you should jump on the GFF server some night, i play there a fair bit, pretty much guaranteed a good game, and a nice lack of complete tards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

if its stealing a tank from a team mate then yes this is lame
    however if its stealing a tank from an enemy, this is priceless. the only thingyou have to look out for is the engineer dropping mines onto the tank.

i normally try to kill a few people and bail out if he does, then watch as one of his team mates tries to get in and BOOM teamkilled :P

my biggest annoyance is spawn death at an uncapturable spawn(re: f-35 strafing runs on the runway for oman)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Little in this game annoys me MORE than having a commander that does anything other than hide and use the assets. I get so pissed off when I ask for desperately needed supplies or UAV and my commander is fcking around in a black hawk or sniping from a roof top. If you're going to be commander, then be a commander and do it well. Otherwise your just taking the position from someone who will actually BOTHER to do it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Squad leaders that are snipers. On one server a couple of weeks ago, I spawned on my squad leader, as you do, only to find I had spawned miles up at the top of some chimney he was sniping off, which was littered with claymores. ****ing pillock.

Deadwing wrote:
    Nelly you should jump on the GFF server some night, i play there a fair bit, pretty much guaranteed a good game, and a nice lack of complete tards.

yeah was on there alot a while ago....lost my list of Ip's so was just jumping onto random servers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

1. In maps such as Op Clean Sweep, people who leap into the APC's and rafts and drive off without picking anyone up leaving you with an epic journey on foot. Or god forbid, I once swam, got the entire way, and was blown up by a bomb from a plane about 20 seconds from shore.

2. Forgetting your clip is almost empty and running into an enemy, getting him twice so he's just almost dead, and then you have to reload.

3. Jumping out of a friendly vehicle and then getting run over.

4. After traversing half the map on Op Clean Sweep on foot, getting shot by a helicopter or tank about 2 feet away from the flag point.

5. Medics who never heal anyone. I've often kept shouting I need a Medic, while the said player looks blankly on and shots randomly at the enemy.

6. Commanders who do nothing whatsoever. The last map I played, the Commander was in the crane, sniping, with the enemy right in front of him en masse (The map where the crane and construction site overlook the enemy position at the edge of the town?). He preferred to try and snipe them rather then call an artillery strike.

7. People who punish even though it was obviously a mistake. Quite often I have accidently maybe killed someone when they run in front of my vehicle in a crowded respawn point and they punish me.

9. As above, the fact that you can merely graze a teammate with a jeep and they fly backwards as if they've been hit by a 16 wheeler truck. THATS really annoying.

10. Now, this is 100% my own fault - but it still annoys me! When theres an enemy tank near you, unaware of your presence, and you knock 2 anti tank missiles into it. You are just about to finish it off when it suddenly sees you and kills you with one machine gun burst, leaving you with a kill assist when some gimp comes along and practically shoots it once with a machine gun and blows it up :(

11. People who are good pilots on Op Clean Sweep. Damn you and your constantly blowing me up, avoiding my missiles and draggin my ratio to the dogs. :o

So eh.....thats about it for MobileInfantrys list, nothing REALLY overly hugely bothers me, but a combination of little things...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Deadwing wrote:

Cheers for the words Deadwing :D
    Nice sig ya have there to lol

/Edit, heres the ip of the new GFF ranked server Nelly
    83.142.229.136:16567

kinkstr wrote:

See you on later....will bring you for a spin in chopper again but this time I will watch out for the trees

lol nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

admins who kick you for not being 1337. :(

happened twice now on the multiplay servers.

came in late on both times and only got a few kills in before the end fo the round.

killed more than i got killed but still despite not having a single TK against me, I got kicked for 'excessive TKs' because my kills weren't huge as I was only in the game for the last 5 minutes. grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

vibe666 wrote:
    killed more than i got killed but still despite not having a single TK against me, I got kicked for 'excessive TKs' because my kills weren't huge as I was only in the game for the last 5 minutes. grrr.

I don't get it. The admins were kicking people for not scoring very high?

Are you sure you didn't just run over a few people and not notice? Or maybe a bunch of people walked into a claymore and you got kicked immediately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

kinkstr wrote:

Always happy to big up your server, one of the best ive palyed on m8 :D
    especially after i took down 4 black hawks, (2 of which were fully loaded), last night with the jeeps gun hehe.. :D
    EDIT/
    its not quite as good as your infamous dildo sig, kinky lol :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

biggest annoyance for me is defintley getting punished for a TK that was obviosuly a mistake. :rolleyes:

for the commanders 'hiding', thats there job, there not meant to be regular, soldiers.

Was on a server one night, no one was commander, was gettin a little bored of the fighting so decided I'd apply for commander, now, for a few hours no one was the commander, I apply, and some muppet decides he'll be commander, and with his higher rank he gets it, and 5 mins later, he drives by me, wont give me a lift, puts UAVs, and supply drops and artty at (amazingly) all the locations he is at or going to :rolleyes:

Ok I changed my mind, commanders who arent dedicated commanders are my biggest annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

nope. got kicked at the end of the round. didn't notice if it was the same admin or not both times (a few nights apart) but they were both multiplay servers.

was looking for it in my stats and there were no TK's at all in one of them and one in the other, but just the one, and it was blatantly accidental and i wasn't even punished by the victim.

Deadwing wrote:
    EDIT/
    its not quite as good as your infamous dildo sig, kinky lol :p

ROFL, i was after forgettin about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Big Nelly wrote:
    Worst annoyance? all the gobsh*ts on servers!!! have a found a few servers with decent people and have had great game
    Tbh, go to lan parties.
    There is zero muppetry at them, the best games of BF2 and Cod I've ever had were at lans.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Always happy to big up your server, one of the best ive palyed on m8

Cheers for kind words m8.
    especially after i took down 4 black hawks, (2 of which were fully loaded), last night with the jeeps gun hehe..

LMAO i was right beside you for each of them :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

vibe666 wrote:
    nope. got kicked at the end of the round. didn't notice if it was the same admin or not both times (a few nights apart) but they were both multiplay servers.

was looking for it in my stats and there were no TK's at all in one of them and one in the other, but just the one, and it was blatantly accidental and i wasn't even punished by the victim.

If you are kicked to make space for a clan member on a server you get the message "You have been kicked as a result of a successful kick vote or as a result of excessive teamkilling"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Stephen wrote:
    Squad leaders that are snipers. On one server a couple of weeks ago, I spawned on my squad leader, as you do, only to find I had spawned miles up at the top of some chimney he was sniping off, which was littered with claymores. Fupping pillock.

Legend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

lol...for me its when u playing on american servers and the lag at the beginning i can never move for about 20 seconds :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Dr_MaSoN wrote:
    lol...for me its when u playing on american servers and the lag at the beginning i can never move for about 20 seconds :mad:

I saw your post and thought of this

Keyzer wrote:
    Loads of things....
    Nooobs, running around like muppets...

And YOUR post made me think of this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That noob poster is great. Saved that one

Advertisement