Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Xmen happenings

Options
  • 29-09-2005 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Hi I used to be a big xmen fan (uncanny xmen etc) but unfortunately havent been able to buy any comic in the last year and have kinda lost touch. Any fans out there who can tell me whats been happeneing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Other than Wolverine being on every team? No clue. I stopped reading them when they started the Wolverine overload.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

ok cool thanks,- does anyone else have any more info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

Uncanny X-men: (Storm, Marvel Girl (Rachel Summers), Nightcrawler, Bishop, Psylocke, X2 (Wolverine's clone/ daughter), Cannonball, Wolverine - FIELD TEAM

Storm leads a team of X-men who work for the government as a police force. So far they have taken on a new Hellfire Club. left the team to join them. Psylocke returned from the dead. They went on a rescue mission to the Savage Land to save Wolverine. Now there is a story about the destruction of the multiverse which involves Cpt Britain and his wife Meggan which ties into House of M which will tie into the New Excalibur team (Britain, Juggernaut, Pete Wisdom and more)

X-men: (Havok, Polaris, Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, Wolverine) - FIELD TEAM AND SCHOOL

They faced an alien parasitic creature that made some of their true feelings come out. They defeated it with the help of Emma Frost.
    There was a love triangle between Rogue, Gambit and Foxx. (Also on-going issues with Iceman, Havok and Polaris).
    They are currently in Africa with Storm investigating mutant animals along with the Black Panther.

Astonishing X-men: (Cyclops, Emma Frost, Shadowcat, Colossus, Beast, Wolverine) - SCHOOL BASED

They faced an alien who wanted to irradicate mutants as one was destined to destroy his world. They found Colossus was alive in the process.
    They fought the Danger Room with Prof X and found out a nasty secret about their menthor.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Moogle wrote:
    Astonishing X-men: (Cyclops, Emma Frost, Shadowcat, Colossus, Beast, Wolverine) - SCHOOL BASED

They faced an alien who wanted to irradicate mutants as one was destined to destroy his world. They found Colossus was alive in the process.
    They fought the Danger Room with Prof X and found out a nasty secret about their menthor.

And as this one is written by Joss Whedon it's full of really great dialogue. The best X-book in years imo. Looking forward to the next run although I wasn't a big fan of the "nasty secret." But I'll wait and see if it goes anywhere better.

Also there is the Ulimate universe
    Ultimate X-men (Jean Grey, Cyclops, Colossus, Dazzler, Nightcrawler, Storm, Wolverine, Shadowcat, Angel and Iceman)

The main story currently is Mystique is using Polarsis to free Magneto from Sheild's holding facility. While the students of Emma Frost's school Havok, Cannonball and others try to help Polarsis. Scott is supposed to be stopping them but he isn't as he used to love Lorna.

Wolverine and Storm are flirting alot. Kitty and Iceman, and Dazzler and Angel are dating.
    Gambit is dead and Rogue has permanently absorbed his powers and memories
    And Colussus seems to be gay. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Doubtful Donkey

It was announced that Robert Kirkman will take over as writer of Ultimate X-Men, btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

It was announced that Robert Kirkman will take over as writer of Ultimate X-Men, btw

Bryan Singer (director of X-men and X2) is going to do some issues too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

I'd recommed picking up a copy of the trade paperback of joss whedons 'Astonishing x-men', the first vol is called 'gifted', theres also a vol two out now. As iguana already said, seeing as its written by joss whedon there is some really good dialog in it.

Astonighing x-men is also covering the House of M story line at the moment (although Whedon isn't writing that particular story line)

a list of the astonishing x-men titles are here

oh my god cant believe that spoiler - im gutted gambit and rogue are my favourite characters!!! is that really true???

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It is in the Ultimate universe.

ahh ok, thats a relief!! so whats he been up to in the normal universe? forgive me if Im waaaay outta touch here I used to practically live in sub city and forbidden planet but dont work in the city anymore so cant get there very often

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Spideyman

Sweet, he should be perfect. I also strongly recommend Ultimate X-Men. I've tried to get into the regular X-titles they failed to hold my interest, read the first Astonishing arc which was good though.
    That Rogue/Gambit spoiler happened in the annual by the way as I know some people missed it

yeah ive heard that the annual is pretty good do you know is it still possible to pick up a copy anywhere?

Unfortunatly not, we (Forbidden Planet) managed to get restocks in a few weeks after it sold out but they also sold out within the week. All four Ultimate annuals are coming out in a graphic though.

spidey - didnt know you worked in the planet excelent - love the place!. please let me know when you do get those in - most apprecieted!!! ;-)

Will do, should be soon

thanks a mil. must drag my lazy @ss up to dublin again soon but ive a habit of buying half d shops!

Advertisement