Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designing a web site in photoshop?

Options
  • 29-09-2005 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

What size is best, in pixels, when starting a new website in photoshop. I was told to set my document size to 600x600. Is this correct? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I wouldn't say so. Depends on what you're looking for. I assume you're looking for something like this, i.e. a neat box in the middle of the browser screen.

If so, I'd go 800x600. Rule of thumb is to build websites nowadays to accomodate people using a resolution of 1024x768. So leave some gaps at the side - it keeps it neat, and allows some space for people who use search panes in their browser. Height of 600px may go off the edge a bit, since toolbars and taskbars eat up a chunk of the screen height, but people are much more annoyed by horizontal scrolling than by vertical scrolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

seamus wrote:
    I wouldn't say so. Depends on what you're looking for. I assume you're looking for something like this, i.e. a neat box in the middle of the browser screen.

If so, I'd go 800x600. Rule of thumb is to build websites nowadays to accomodate people using a resolution of 1024x768. So leave some gaps at the side - it keeps it neat, and allows some space for people who use search panes in their browser. Height of 600px may go off the edge a bit, since toolbars and taskbars eat up a chunk of the screen height, but people are much more annoyed by horizontal scrolling than by vertical scrolling.

Thanks Seamus. Just thought I'd double check before I started.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭bogins

for 800x600 sites do not exceed a width of 778 pixels! otherwise u get scrolling.

Advertisement