Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is a penthouse worth more?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

The thread is about penthouse prices. The main questions I was asking was why a smaller property in the Dublin suburbs was sell for more. A 2 bed penthouse is asking for more money than a 3 bed family house in the same area.
    I totally read your original post wrong :o thought you were asking about price difference with penthouse v apartment. I would buy the home using your first post eventhough I have a penthouse, as there was not that sort of difference where I purchased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

think the choice of a penthouse to a house is a matter of taste imo.
    I bought a penthouse for three main reasons.
    first of all, I don't have kids or a family here wh olive with me, hence not a real need for a garden, (also going for the fact the plants die when I look after them, and no time to take care of a garden)
    second, I like the view, the space (which of course you would have in house), the peace and quiet if wanted, and the feeling you can isolate yourself from all as you don't have people walking past your your windows all the time, and I REALLY like my privacy.
    third, I like seeing development go ahead, Royal canal Park has at least another 4 years minimum to go until it is finished. I don't pick up the Building noise from the Penthouse, but I can watch the whole project continue to evolve.
    Watchign the Ballymun Towers been exploded is also a fun event, and also seeing the changes taking place around the area is fun.

I have two more apartments in Germany which are rented out to people and I am not interested on buying a place here to make a profit, but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't be happy if it does though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

garred wrote:
    I totally read your original post wrong :o thought you were asking about price difference with penthouse v apartment. I would buy the home using your first post eventhough I have a penthouse, as there was not that sort of difference where I purchased.

It was really Penthouse vs any other property as I wanted to see the amazing value of them. It does seems that some appartment blocks are selling very well in suburbs and penthouse prices are asking for more on top. I don't get it on a purcahse for living but as an investor I could get it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

It was really Penthouse vs any other property as I wanted to see the amazing value of them. It does seems that some appartment blocks are selling very well in suburbs and penthouse prices are asking for more on top. I don't get it on a purcahse for living but as an investor I could get it now.
    On a side issue and with reference to that point, do you think it would be easier to rent out a 2 bed apartment/penthouse over a 2 bed house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

garred wrote:
    On a side issue and with reference to that point, do you think it would be easier to rent out a 2 bed apartment/penthouse over a 2 bed house?
    Generally I would say a house is easier to rent in normal circumstances. There are not many areas where they would compete directly. It will be location first, every time. Most houses that would be rented are going to be more than 2 bed and not city centred.

• Advertisement
Advertisement