Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFV N00b

Options
  • 29-09-2005 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭

eh oh! :)

I've just bought a copy of BFV (doubt my pc could handle BF2 ;)) and I'm offline for the next few weeks.
    I'm hoping to get a good deal of experience playing the game in between UT2004 :p

Actually, I'm quite looking forward to some monster games of 32v32 players. It's not something I've ever been used to - coming from UT2004 where a max (servers usually just cant handle more) of about 12/12 and even then it's a monstrous battle. Quite looking forward to it tbh.

Anyway - UT2004 + BFV == no sleep for zoro :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

zoro wrote:
    eh oh! :)

I've just bought a copy of BFV (doubt my pc could handle BF2 ;)) and I'm offline for the next few weeks.
    I'm hoping to get a good deal of experience playing the game in between UT2004 :p

Actually, I'm quite looking forward to some monster games of 32v32 players. It's not something I've ever been used to - coming from UT2004 where a max (servers usually just cant handle more) of about 12/12 and even then it's a monstrous battle. Quite looking forward to it tbh.

Anyway - UT2004 + BFV == no sleep for zoro :)

Must get the Nam out again! havent played since I crashed HDD after install of BF2....get the point of existance mod for BFV....it is class and good practise for BF2......also go single player and learn how to fly choppers/places and then once you get the hang go onto servers and check out how good you are.....if you can try and get fli(he is back) or an1m4l from our clan NRG in a heli battle on BFV and you will soon see how good you are :D

once you can fly on BFV it will come alot easier on BF2...althou I still like the choppers in Nam more than in BF2.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I've had a non-server-friendly version on my pc for about a month and I've managed to get heli's down to a fine art.
    I've always found heli flying pretty easy in any game i've ever played, and BFV is no different ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

B that class with the m60 and grenade laucher/law and binoculars and pistol and knife and EVERYTHING. I call him "universal soldier" for short. He`s SO much better than every other assault class...

I've yet to get the hang of classes.
    I find running for the chopper just as fast with any of them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

the m6o was pretty useless in nam, it was way too inaccurate. also, after the first patch they changed it so that M60 only gets pistol as a sidearm, and the LAW'er gets an M14 (afaik) so the M60 class wasnt totally overpowering as it was at first

• Advertisement

o rite. I only played v1.0 and thought it was rubbish, becasue of the m60 guy (In v1.0 the m60 was pinpoint). Desert combat was So much better. BF2 all the way. Zoro save up for bf2, upgrade your pc, whatever you have to do. Its like bfv X100 !

Ruffty^ wrote:
    Zoro save up for bf2, upgrade your pc, whatever you have to do. Its like bfv X100 !

the only game I'm gonna upgrade for is UT2007.
    And as that'll require something along the lines of a space shuttle simulator, I think I'll be able to play BF2 then ;)

Btw - what's the timeline of the games?
    Is BFV newer than BF1942?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah. BFV is only about 2 years old.

1. BF1942
    2. Bunch of add-ons for BF1942, such as road to rome
    3. BFV
    4. BF2
    5. Crippled version of BF2 for consoles (ahahaha)

lol @space shuttle simulator + Bf2 crippled version tbh

Well I've had a bit of a play around, and I'm kicking sweet bot ass in the heli :D
    Mind you I do find it hard to come back if the enemy teams gets a majority hold on a map ... I obviously still need practice as it really is quite different to UT2004 :)

Can I ask if anyone here still plays BFV? Or has it become a BF2 zone completely now?

• Advertisement

NRG are planning on having a few games of BFV later on in the week i think, should be a good laugh. But btw, bots cant shoot down helis for sh!t lol..youll be shocked initally at how easy you get taken down by real players

Well I've just upped the difficulty level to the maximum and I'm getting shot down quite frequently now :)
    I've noticed that the skill levels don't seem to change at all - the difficulty settings just seems to alter the balance of the teams to put more bots on the other side, and less on your own. Is this normal? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

IM not too sure Zorro I havent played with bots in ages. But great to see more playing BFV the more I play it the more I like. The more I play BF2 the more I hate, When i play fps i like to play fps when i want to play rts i play rts. I dont like both types being merged in bf2. I baught a new vid card to play bf2 and now regret spending the money on it.

If nrg are playing next week post detatil up here and i`ll jion in and get a few 1st-ib guys to jion and we have some fun. nothing too serious.

I like the assulat rifels ak`s and m16`s but im also a good LAW( light anti-tank weapon ) man as well. We have some guys in our clan that are good engineers. You would be suprised the difference them lads can make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Man I cant even remember what the weapons names are! lol!! Im losing it!! haha!! must install again....is there still people playing on the UK servers??? I would say you are left with the hardcore fans now and all the muppets have moved on to ruin everyones game in BF2......

sure we may as well try and make a night of it, maybe wednesday for some old skool nam action? Im not even sure if our bfv server is still up anymore tho :rolleyes:

Well I've no net connection - and won't for 4 weeks (minimum)
    Isn't Ireland's communication infrastructure simply brilliant? :rolleyes:

:(

Big Nelly wrote:
    Man I cant even remember what the weapons names are! lol!! Im losing it!! haha!! must install again....is there still people playing on the UK servers??? I would say you are left with the hardcore fans now and all the muppets have moved on to ruin everyones game in BF2......

I play on www.gamecomunity.co.uk a lot and its very hard to get a free spot on this 36 man server but when I do its good to play on. I also play on 195.62.10.129:15669 this is a good 24 ( soon to be 32) man server with no rules. Can be a good laugh too. both are in the UK.

zoro wrote:
    Well I've no net connection - and won't for 4 weeks (minimum)
    Isn't Ireland's communication infrastructure simply brilliant? :rolleyes:

:(

Scratch that - it was installed this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Wow ... I really really liked BFV , used play on a UK server HASTINGS ONLY
    great crack, must start Playing again, Loved the CAR-15 and NVA sniper rifle

Good stuff Zoro im still with out BB. Well thats not true I have IBB but thats kinda the same thing as not having BB.

Car 15 is for pussies try using the m16 a real man`s gun.

• Advertisement

Well I gave it a go last night.

First impressions - I like it, alot. But it's no where near as user-friendly as UT2K4. And that's not ONLY because I'm biased ;)
    The server browser is terrible, and the map rotation system ... just _feels_ clunky. I can't really explain it. It literally feels as though there were 3 development teams working on the server browser and in-game interface, and that none of them wanted to do anything in a way that would be intuitive or easy to use for the end-user.

I dunno ... it just really does annoy me. I eventually found a rather good UK server, and their TS server was advertised in the ingame chat, so I hopped on and had a pretty good time then. They mentioned that no one uses the ingame system, and that XFire is used by everyone instead.
    Pretty stupid imo - why couldn't the developers just create a system that was easy to use? :)

Anyway - despite that, it was very good fun, and I'll definitely be doing it again :)

Yeah this is true I use Xfire for every thing. UT might have a better system but I wouldent know as xfire does it all for me. Why should developers bother when every one uses some thing like xfire or ASE. There is a lot less to learn in this game then say bf2 but a little more to learn than ut2k4. This can be a bit putting off but onece ya get on TS with a few players they take ya through it. Sure i was on the UIE ts there last week and I was new to TAM but the lads were only happy to bring me up to speed on what i needed to know. Thats the bueaty of TS for any game. Im glad to see you enjoyed it and whem my IBB connection gets sorted i`ll try follow ya on to xfire and show ya some more stuff.

That sounds great - it's definitely handy to have a helping hand when learning the ropes in a game. Sure I've done it countless times with random people in UT2k4 - it's plainly obvious when someone doesn't know their arse from their elbow in a game, and that was certainly me the other night ;)

Just use ASE for a game browser for BFV. I never once used the ingame menu in all the years i played bfv. UT2K4 and BFV are very different beats tbh, ive palyed both, and id have to say bfv is a far superior game. Its just not as hectic and migraine inducing as UT

I find it's pace alot slower than UT2K4, but not in a bad way. It's just different.
    I still prefer the faster UT, but it's fun to try out another aspect of online gaming for a change

Ah I love all the flying theres not enough of that in UT!

Advertisement