Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Enhanced DSL now 6Mb

• 29-09-2005 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

My DSL just reconnected a few minutes ago and it's now saying it's connected at 6144kb/s down and 640kb/s up. Obviously the Digiweb effect!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

funny how this 'product' is not on their website yet ....shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

It's lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

So are you actually getting faster download and upload speeds? I'm still receiving only 4096x256. Can't see Eircom giving us another speed bump until next year at the earliest :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

nahh the fastest Eircom product is still 4096

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/dynamic/pdf/adslbitstreamPDv7.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Just on the phone to eircom and apparently it's a software problem in the exchange, rather than an upgrade. Everyone in Sutton got a free upgrade :)

When they fix it I'll phone back and ask why I've been downgraded..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

You jammy git! ;)
    But does it mean they will be offering more packages/upgrades soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Just thinking that. They could be adding the new profiles onto the DSLAMs in preparation for an upgrade. 640kb/s would be a nice jump in the upload speed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

ro2 wrote:
    Just on the phone to eircom and apparently it's a software problem in the exchange, rather than an upgrade. Everyone in Sutton got a free upgrade :)

No, actually, they didn't. Those of us on Home Starter got a free downgrade to 0/0.

*glares*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

ro2 wrote:
    Must be the 'value for money' bug. I'm sure they will quickly sort it out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just goes to show that eircom could give us all 6mb dsl now if they wanted at a flick of a switch but of course they are not gonna do any such thing and yeah any speed upgrade wont happen till next march/april if we get one at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

640kb/s Up!!!!! :eek: Quick host a server for aslong as you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

640kb/s Up!!!!! :eek: Quick host a server for aslong as you can!

DONE! :p

Advertisement