Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Babyshambles album

• 29-09-2005 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

From NME.com ..... http://www.nme.com/news/babyshambles/21096
    Exclusive - Babyshambles album details revealed
    NME.COM is first with the news
    Babyshambles have confirmed to NME.COM details of their long-awaited debut album.

'Down In Albion' is released through Rough Trade Records on November 14. A single, 'Albion' will follow two weeks later on November 28.

The sixteen-track album was produced by Mick Jones and mixed by Mick Jones and Bill Price. The album contains recent single '**** Forever', a new recording of their first Top Ten single 'Killamangiro' and other songs including 'Albion', 'Pipedown', 'Loyalty Song', 'What Katy Did Next', '32nd Of December' and 'Up The Morning'.

The band are currently touring the UK. For a full, backstage report on the dates so far, see this week's NME, which is out on Wednesday nationwide.

About frickin' time but ''Albion'' is a rare Libertines song and I'm disapointed that it's being released as a single.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

''Albion'' is a rare Libertines song and I'm disapointed that it's being released as a single.

why?? so it's no longer obscure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Excellent. But Nov 14, bit of a wait.

And Mick Jones... Can't remember if I heard that before, but deadly either way.

Not sure about a different version of Killamangiro...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

who cares,bring on the album so everyone can realise how s**t this band (junkies) really are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

eoinf wrote:
    who cares,bring on the album so everyone can realise how s**t this band (junkies) really are.

Here here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Darcy16

I Hate Babyshambles And I Despise That Junkie Pete Doherty

• Advertisement

Darcy16 wrote:
    I Hate Babyshambles And I Despise That Junkie Pete Doherty
    Wow. That's really interesting. I'd love to hear more. Tell us why you hate them!

Btw, great place to post this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭isthisit

Ill be interested to see if this album is any good. Pete Doherty is a great musician (aswell as a bit of a bad infuence), as proven by the quality of both Libertines albums.

Killamangiro (for one) is a great song but this album may turn out to be a bit of a let down. Then again it mightn't...

isthisit wrote:
    Ill be interested to see if this album is any good. Pete Doherty is a great musician (aswell as a bit of a bad infuence), as proven by the quality of both Libertines albums.

Killamangiro (for one) is a great song but this album may turn out to be a bit of a let down. Then again it mightn't...
    Yeah, I'm fairly eager to hear it even just to hear the difference between the Libertines and Babyshambles. Killamangiro and **** Forever are quite different from any Libertines songs. While I like **** Forever, I'm hoping there won't be too many songs like it on the album...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

HIs music is ok... but he is an absolute idiot who makes a tit of himself on a regular basis. Kinda like the the loutish behaviour of the gallaghers mixed with the vacant stupidity of the beckhams. A hero falling very fast to earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Pete Doherty is a great musician

Are you deaf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Tbh I love Pete Doherty even if he is a bit of a junkie B*stard at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think Pete Doherty's output since the Libertines split proves that Carl was the tallented one. Haven't heard one Babyshambles song that would even come close to a Libertines b-side. The only reason most people seem interested in them is because they're waiting for Doherty to do his next 'outrageous' thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

I think Pete Doherty's output since the Libertines split proves that Carl was the tallented one. Haven't heard one Babyshambles song that would even come close to a Libertines b-side. The only reason most people seem interested in them is because they're waiting for Doherty to do his next 'outrageous' thing.

Hear hear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Doherty doesn't do any 'outrageous' things, he ambles about being a junkie. It's not terribly interesting.

People who like him like him for the music. Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭isthisit

Doherty doesn't do any 'outrageous' things, he ambles about being a junkie. It's not terribly interesting.

Thats true. He is a junkie and a bad influence, but the music is great, particularly the Libs stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The question is why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Not nessesarily true.I'm a libertines & Babyshamles fan but i have a friend who just likes him because she thinks he looks sexy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

"Babyshambles' leader has been detained by police in Shrewsbury
    Pete Doherty was arrested in Shrewsbury last night (October 1).

Doherty was detained after drug squad officers raided the Shrewsbury Music Hall where Babyshamables had just played.

Police with sniffer dogs searched the venue and arrested a man and a women for the possession of class A drugs, 17 other individuals were searched in the overnight operation.

The woman has since been released without charge. The man who is believed to be Doherty, was taken to a police station in Telford and is expected to be interviewed this afternoon (October 2), BBC News Reports.

Two coaches were also searched in the town and suspected drugs were seized.

Commenting on the incident a West Mercia Police spokesperson said: "In the early hours of this morning officers stopped a mini bus in Shrewsbury town centre and detained a number of people for the purposes of a drugs search. Officers also attended one premises in Shrewsbury and detained a number of other individuals."

At present it is not confirmed whether Babyshambles' gig tonight (October 2) in Norwich at the University Of East Anglia will take place or not".

© IPC MEDIA 1996-2005, All rights reserved

He should have known they would be sniffing around after the recent paper reports, i think he still has to be questioned about the studio incident (pictures in mirror) wonder whats going to happen with him now/next :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

isthisit wrote:
    Thats true. He is a junkie and a bad influence, but the music is great, particularly the Libs stuff.

I wouldn't consider him a bad influence really. Do you really think anyone is stupid enough to look at Pete Doherty and think, yeah, heroin and crack have done good things for that men, I gotta get me some of that.
    Pacifico wrote:
    The question is why?
    Lots of reasons, I amn't really up on musical lingo so all I can tell you is that to some of us his music sounds good. Really good lyrics and generally the music conveys a really energetic sense of being up for it and heading out for a drity night on the town. It's a welcome chage from a lot of the music that's out there
    i have a friend who just likes him because she thinks he looks sexy
    Well yeah, but I was really refering to people who are bothering to discuss the music

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

so what has Barat done since Pete left??? the only song i've heard is an awful collaboration. That a saying the libs are 'taking a break for a couple of months' put on your writing cap Carl...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

lordgoat wrote:
    so what has Barat done since Pete left??? the only song i've heard is an awful collaboration. That a saying the libs are 'taking a break for a couple of months' put on your writing cap Carl...

What I know of Carl has formed a band with Libs drummer Gary Powell, the Libs stand in guitarist when Pete was kicked out and the ex TCTC bassist. I haven't heard any material but I'm keeeping my fingers crossed that it will be good. Should be early next year before we hear something.

In music terms both Barat and Doherty need each other. Yes Carl hasn't done anything as of yet since the split but on the other hand any Libertines fan will tell you that there is something missing from the Babyshambles music that was there with The Libertines. IMO the Babyshambles album will either be a roaring success or a complete disaster...... and sadly the latter I feel is your best bet. Yes Killamangiro was stunning but F**k Forever despite the songs brilliance was produced like burned toast and if the album is made in the same way then the calls for a Libertines comeback will reach louder and louder levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pandy

I love the libertines and what I have heard of babyshambles so far I have like. Got the song albion last week and I love it, also heard pipe down over the weekend

Im also a bit wary of a new version of killamangiro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

listened to what a waster as i read this thread
    "Oh I really wanna know
    So tell me, where does all the money go
    where does all the money go
    Straight, straight up her nose"

made me giggle.

May even pick this album up, but I do think they need to tidy their tracks up more than the drawl that is kilamangiro. I confess I like the slightly raw sound of fúck forever, but 10 tracks that sound like lazy first go recordings would get old very quickly and ive a feeling that is exactly how the album will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PipeDown

Heard the new album a few days ago as it leaked!

It's very well produced (Mick Jones), that's the first impression you get. Nice collection of songs, great lyrics from Pete. And of course, some cracking tunes. Great new dirty version of Killamanjiro, What Katie Did Next etc etc. It's brilliant.

Mick Jones??!!"£"??1

... :D :rolleyes:

Must look for this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Have only had one listen to the album and wasn't that impressed by it, ok theres a few good tracks on it but overall i thought it was average, 16 tracks on it is too many. Maybe Carls album will be better...

comet wrote:
    16 tracks on it is too many

dont think iw ould ever complain about how many tracks are on an album, but maybe thats just me, i think its a great album - but being a fan i would which makes it hard sometimes to make unbiased reviews so i wont :D

i am looking forward to carl's album, is he still going to release solo material or is it going to be dirty pretty things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

It's Dirty Pretty Things as far as I know.

They've played a few gigs this month in Italy, I heard the bootlegs and it sounds really really good. Very much looking forward to an album. Hopefully it might get Carl the recognition he deserves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Does anyone else think the babyshambles stuff siounds like adam ant? Carls obviously the talented one, i'm gonna give babyshambles a wide berth.

• Advertisement

Anton17 wrote:
    Does anyone else think the babyshambles stuff siounds like adam ant?

have never listened to adam ant so cudnt tell you
    Anton17 wrote:
    Carls obviously the talented one, i'm gonna give babyshambles a wide berth.

i dont see how carl is obviously the talented one?? the libertines were a band of 4 but it was carl and pete who had the songwriting talent, i think the libertines are better than babyshambles and will turn out to be better than dirty pretty things, emphasising the point it took two to tango,
    we will never know who wrote what in the libertines (dont know if they even know)

petes new stuff with babyshambles is excellent, we can only wait and see what carl throws up, but for now pete is in the driving seat.

Advertisement