Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Gateways

Options
  • 29-09-2005 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

Anyone care to offer thier own opinions on payment gateways for online stores? Looking for the best value for the clients and ourselves for an online store im planning. Would the bank of ireland be able to offer me anything or must we use worldpay, paypal, realex etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you want to accept payment online you have a number of options:

- paypal
    - 3rd party processor such as 2CO
    - Merchant account

Companies such as realex offer a gateway that links your site to the bank. If you speak to your bank they'll be able to advise you on how to progress, but it will come down to volume of sales

I'd avoid Worldpay and use http://realex.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

yeah not really into worldpay either. Paypal are currently not my favourite people in the world http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=3418721#post3418721

Rang realex and extremly nice and helpfull csr explained everything very nicely and promptly emailed me detailed info and a quote. Very impressive so far and fees not too bad compared to other methods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

I have to say I haven't had any problems with WorldPay, but thats just me.

My own experience with PayPal has been flakey to say the least. Quite a few credit card numbers rejected by Paypal have gone through fine via other processors, and you just know there is no point in trying to contact them about it as you will just get a boilerplate response that is of no help (that was my experience).

I have never had any major issues with Realex and they aren't too expensive provided the average transaction value isn't too low and your client is happy to get a merchant account via their bank.

Advertisement