Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squid redirection

• 24-09-1999 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Hey, need a hand with Squid. I have set it up grand but what I need now is to get it to redirect all the packets it get's to another proxy.

See the machine I set it up on can't access the internet ( TA just wont work ) so I can connect using Win98 and the TA then run my free ver. of wingate, and the rest of the lan will use the squid proxy whixh will use the wingate proxy ..

Follow?

Any ideas would be a help !!
    Cheers
    Gav
    ( now in DCU ! smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SmellyBelly

Squid is not what you want.
    Squid is just a cacheing proxy. Only for looking at web pages on other machines, and storing the page's data on yer machine, to make it quicker next time you view that page.
    For what you want : man ipfwadm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Or even ipchains.. ?
    There are reason's that i am using squid, and i know exactly what it is used for. ( sorry for getting snottty )

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SmellyBelly

Nope, my fault... I misunderstood the question.
    Right, what you want to do is to look at this :
    http://squid.nlanr.net/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.8
    It deals with "Configuring squid to work behind a firewall". It should be what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Thank you very much !
    Gavin

Advertisement