Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ash

Options
  • 09-09-2001 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Why, WHY must Ash be playing an over 18s concert in December? WHY? The amount of times I have missed them this year...I dunno, I've lost count. And its happening...yet again.
    Furthermore, silverchair should get their asses over here and do some shows.
    thank you, and good day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Have you asked about this on the Ash website? The site is run by the band themselves and they reply to the questions. Get the site at: http://www.ash-official.com/

Maybe you might be able to sway their plans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

Silverchair.... are their that Austrailian Nirvana tribute band ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

Originally posted by anony
    Silverchair.... are their that Austrailian Nirvana tribute band ??

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

You rawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

it depends where the concert is on. the olypmia can be strict on id...but i doubt its on there. the olympia was the only place i ever encountered id problems, and even so, they let me in (i won tickets to go see the complete stone roses on phnatom fm, and told the secuirty guards that phantom fm would never allow someone who wasnt 18 at a midnight gig...and that i ahd to be over 18 to enter the competition...and he elt me in even though he knew i was making it u on the spot)
    where they playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

i've never had trouble getting into the olympia,they seem to be nice enough,just keep away from the bar if you have no id.
    the music centre is evil,always asked at the door and at the bar for some odd reason,i mean if you get in you are over 18 but they still ask.
    i must look like a total baby.:rolleyes:

its on in the olympia,
    but it doesnt say its over 18's.
    most gigs are all ages there and i bet ash is.

sickle: yeah., ionly ever had problems gettig into midnight at the olympia iu dont think it matters if its an 8 o clock gig....ive been going to them since i was 14, and no bother.

hey...im now a senior member :)
    how do i get my garfeild face back?

to get ur pic back go to the user cp section and into the edit options section and the avatar thingy is at the bottom of that page.

well...now ive got a face...and i believe i may even have a signature??
    but now the page has gone black and theres CLOUDp in the corner..that moderator guy
    it didnt look likethis when i first came back here....hmmm
    (i'm REALLY computer illiterate)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Eh, it's probably "Under 16's must be accompanied by an 18 year old..." so just get someone over 18 to go with you.

Or even just ask someone in the queue [who's older like] to pretend they're with you.

Don't sweat it maaaaan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 frogstomp

Cheeeeers people. I was just really pissed off because I was all geared up to go and then I sqwy the bloody 18s thing. But hey, I may as well get tickets, hey what do I have to lose? Um...2o quid...but thats not the point.
    I SHALL go to the ball...
    er...sorry.
    I'm 15 by the way...someone way up there asked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

sorry to piss on your corn flakes but i heard this is a new rule about under 18's not being allowed on premises that are licensed to sell beer, so thats why all tickets have this rule now.
    its been around for years but with all this **** about underage drinking its meant to be inforced but im 21 so i dont care........
    sorry i've actually seen loads of kids at these gigs so it prob ain a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

at Gorrilaz at the Olympia there were some kids there that could't have been older than 12 - their parents brought them - it was CRAZY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Monkey
    at Gorrilaz at the Olympia there were some kids there that could't have been older than 12 - their parents brought them - it was CRAZY

Better than the parents bringing the kids to see Westlife or something, innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Darn right I was very impressed, I wish my parents brought me to gigs like that when I was 10 - same goes for Bob Dylan in Kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

My cousin's first concert was Sonic Youth in the Olympia. He was about 12. He's got cool parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

That sucks frogstomp. I saw them at Slane and didn't want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 velouria

hey, ash rocked at slane they were 25 times better than U2 but Moby was the best, quelle suprise?!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

I agree about Moby! :) ...... just not Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

what date is this ash gig on at ?, how much are the tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I`m a Fast newbie again !, man check out those green stars ! huurah for the green stars !

Advertisement