Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emulators

• 29-09-2005 2:08pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What is the story with these?

Gona downgrade the psp when I get a chance and will be looking for a Megadrive emulator to play games like Streets of Rage and Golden Axe.

I've found links to emulators but whats the story for with the games?
    I still have my Mega Drive (and it still makes the odd apperance beside the Xbox!) and games so can I legally down load the games for the psp?

Or is a situation like what Rockstar are doing with GAT1 where the let you download it for free (abandonware I think I've heard it called).

Does any one now where to download the games? Havent found the ones above yet via google etc

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

as far as i know, playstation/nintendo/x-box emulation of any kind, is illegal, and wont be discussed here. generally, with older snes/mega-drive titles, you are supposed to legally own the game, before emulating it. then its not illegal, i think.

abandonware are games that have benn discontinued by a developer, and will not be released again, so they can (semi-legally) be downloaded from the net.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I dont want any of the newer consoles just the Mega Drive.

I have the following cames for the Mega Drive (and a few more)

Golden Axe
    Streets of Rage
    Sonic
    Micro Machines 2 (I think)

but I particulary want these 4 for my PSP.

Is it ok for me to download these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Well it mightn't be ok, but you're not going to get arrested for it. Since yesterday I've got the snes, genesis and NES emu, emulating games I have at home already, so as far as I'm concerned I'm not doing anything illegal.

As for the emu's performance, I've found the snes one to be the best. Genesis is ok but has no sound support.
    I see nothing wrong with emu discussions but iso's and whatnot shouldn't be openly discussed, these are defo illegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

if u have the originals it is yeah i have rock n roll racing on mine using dgen for psp...works spot on...pspgenesis was really sluggish

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just curious but is an iso game the psp equivalent of an iso image you would record if you wanted to back up some piece of software you have the runs on the psp ms?

Can any one recommend an emulator for the mega drive and where to get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah u nailed it kearnsr

dgen is a good psp mega drive emu

Isnt the umd read only?
    jcoote wrote:

dgen is a good psp mega drive emu

Nice one will check it out later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 peterh321

Can someone email me some virus free emulator links and how to install them. Also how do i downgrade my psp from 2.7.

Tnx

Peter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

peterh321 wrote:
    Also how do i downgrade my psp from 2.7.
    You can't and there is no way to play any homebrew on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

yes the umd's are read only but memory cards are not.....oh god i've said too much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,754 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've found SNES and Master system emulation to be awful. Genesis emulation is close to perfect and so is NES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Snes is pretty good i've foud. Possibly your settings, afaik the kernel mode one works better.

Advertisement