Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skype ph. headset

• 29-09-2005 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

hi ya,
    doing the kinda lazy way about this. Yes just got skype and looking for a headset. I'm going into town after work today and know they are lots of electrical places that sell them. So just wondering would anybody recomend any type of headset or not recommend a particular shop headset. Obviously the cheapest the best but if a cheap one = crap so dont mind paying more if its worth it
    thanks for yer help :)
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Why get a headset when you can get a phone?
    amm well no particular reason Keyzer i suppose, I guess the main disadvantage is you have to hold it? which if playing a game or surfing while talking could be a pain.
    do you find the phone better?

actually blahblah06 do you have this model? slight on the expensive side but if you swear by it...

Hi Mike, I got this a few weeks back for skype and games etc. I 100% swear by its. its bloody fantastic. theres another thread on here with loads of ppl commenting on it. the lead is huge so you have no bother reaching for something etc. superb comfort well worth the cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

A basic one will work fine. I use a Creative Labs one that cost me about €14 and it works great.

• Advertisement

hey blahblah06,
    can I only get this online? or is some shop in Dub city that would sell it,

also Zynks, I take you point! curiously where did you buy it?

Only online mate. well worth the wait. Shipped by DHL. sure splash out on it. it will last a very long time. Hope u get bf2 sorted if you do let me know LOL

blahblah06
    I"ll keep it in mind!
    but you know how it is...christmas morning bran new race car, ohh no batteries if you wait till next week you can buy better recharagable ones last twice as long or head down to the crap 34 hr spar and buy overpriced dodgy phillips half hour batteries, but the pleasure you have for that christmas day!
    I'm kinda in that buzz at the moment LOL :)
    but maybe next week might splash out!

Ah Mike you will never buy any with that attitude. Just buy the bloody things. Im telling you now you will not be dissapointed. If you are i will give you your money back LOL.

Also http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=242
    is a link the the boards komplett page. give mckomplett a shout for any questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

miketv wrote:
    Why get a headset when you can get a phone?
    amm well no particular reason Keyzer i suppose, I guess the main disadvantage is you have to hold it? which if playing a game or surfing while talking could be a pain.
    do you find the phone better?

actually blahblah06 do you have this model? slight on the expensive side but if you swear by it...

Well, if you need it for gaming just selotape the phone part to your noggin.
    Should work a a treat...

LOL!! must get my hair cut short first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

miketv wrote:

also Zynks, I take you point! curiously where did you buy it?

Sorry for the late answer - I miss the old search facility sooo much :(

The set I have is this one . The sound is great and it is very confortable. I sometimes forget I have it on (it goes around the back of your head).

I have also the same set without the mic for listening to my MP3 player, and I am very happy with it.

I bought mine in the UK, but I have seen it in shops in Dublin. Should be easy to find...

Advertisement