Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iFrame horizontal scrolling problem. PLEASE HELP

Options
  • 29-09-2005 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Can someone please explain to me why this page:

http://www.tlpromotions.com/workspace/sitemap.html

has a horizontal scrollbar on the iFrame when using IE 6.0?

I have tried everything I can think of including validating all the markup, using overflow-x:hidden in every place possible and doubly, triple checking that the contents of the sitemap are well within the frame width...

I will be most indebted to anyone who solves this, cos I am at a complete loss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Is it to do with the table width being set to 516px (and IE not taking the width of the vertical scrollbar in to account, where as FF does)?

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

nope dont think so. i tried reducing the width to cater for the vertical scrollbar and yet the horizontal one remains...... ahhhhhhhhhhhh! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

And the answer is....

remove the following from the DTD definition "http://www.w3c.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd"

and the horizontal scrollbar will disappear, leaving the vertical. If you still want to use the full DTD on the sitemap page, there may be a stricter one you can use (but I don't know off the top of my head - can dig it out tonight if you insist ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

good stuff spock, thanks a million.

I got it after all that. basically remove the dtd ref. thanks

Advertisement