Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So proud!

Options
  • 29-09-2005 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

So, what are you most proud of so far in BF2?

Three come to mind.

There was the first time I shot down a black hawk by killing the pilot with the M95.

There was the time I took out an attack chopper by dropping c4 into its path as it flew below me on a crane.

And then there was that octuple C4 kill.

Oh the joy.

Share!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Taking down a fully loaded, flag-hopping blackhawk (repeatedly) on Mashtuur city with the anti-tank rockets :)
    Its a bastard to do this when they've got an engineer constantly repairing it, but the new patch should fix that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Well this one time at band camp.....

Ive taken down a jet with the m95 to :)
    My favourite has to be sneakin up on an APC puttin a mine infront of him and behind and then running off and fire at him with the shotgun and as soon as he gives chase, BOOM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Best one I can think of......went into enemy base and plane was taking off.....legged it over and launched a bit of tnt onto it.....tehn hide and startin slagging the pilot I was going to bring him down....he was all cocky that he was a great pilot and would blow me out of the sky.....little did he know...anyway waited about a min and then boom.....lol.......he seen funny side as well.....couldnt believe I got tnt onto the plane!! :D

Another one was Fu She pass came flying in with little buggy and done a big jump......and went head first into a heli taking it and myself up to heaven.....was a classic thou!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Subliminal

On gulf of oman, enemy ( V Good ) Sniper was taking out our guys then dissapeering. Guy came on voice chat and asked me to find him, said there was no one on his scans on thier own. It took me 12 mins or so to find him, just by following the sounds, on the ruins to the left of the crane. He was with a medic and a support guy. Took out the medic, then support, then sniper, without even needing a second shot on each guy with m95. Then as i take the last shot, a guy appears behind me, i level the m95, hit him, then pull out pistol, and 2 shots he's dead.... great adreneline rush, and sniper combat at its best! the sniper i killed said the medic was to heal him, and the support guy for ammo, said he had never been clocked in 10 rounds. Who hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Sniping all the pax and gunners from a blackhawk as they hovered over a flag at mashtuur city (that how ya spell it? ) Twas all very funny watching the guys sitting on the side looking around for me, best part was none of them thought to bail out, they just sat there happily taking lead injections. Then for a big finale, they came back and I did it all again :D:D this time some jumped though, but I still got em.

Then (my cousin, of all people) comes up behind me walks on my claymore and punishes me :mad: I 'nicely' informed him of ye olde red x :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

As a sniper (while 4 of my mates were watching) I got one shot one kill with a clip.
    Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Zulu wrote:
    As a sniper (while 4 of my mates were watching) I got one shot one kill with a clip.

I don't know what you think you said, but that means that you killed someone with a clip, in one hit. Like, you literally smashed their head in by hitting them with a metal bullet clip...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

He might have meant a hair clip. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Going mano a mano with an attack chopper except im not in a vehicle, and killing the pilot and subsequently the co pilot with an excellently aimed grenade...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Lobbed a grenade into a blackhawk capping a flag from about 30 feet from behind a wall. Killed pilot and gunner and the rest died when the chopper veered into the side of a building pilotless.

On a slightly related note, was gunner in a blackhawk on Oman who's pilot was diving low to avoid sam fire. Just happen to be looking at the hud when I saw the pilot disappear. Rest of crew started to bail but I don't think any managed to deploy parchutes in time. Pilot had been killed by an m95 sniper. Hopped into the pilot seat and pulled it up only feet from the ground. Flew back to the carrier to repair and pick up a new crew and the pilot who had respawned back on the carrier at this stage was like WTF!

Sniper on a Chinese map who's name excapes me. The one with the big Oil tanks, drilling pumps, warehouses and trains. Chinese Airfield at the back. US sniper was picking us off like flies at the chinese airfield. Most peeps got pissed of and respwned elseware. I was determined to get him. Even the Heli peeps were scanning all around the airfield and couldn't find him. I respawned as sniper but still couldn't spot him. Decided to play sitting duck at the generator beside the runway. Every time I would respawn I would leg it over to generator and move around it until he got me to help me work out the angles he could be firing from. Turns out the bugger was in a watchtower at the next chinese spawn up the hill that overlooks the airfield. Obviously none of our guys were spawning there. Anyway got him with a headshot the next time he popped up. My first onshot kill with a sniper rifle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

just tonight I got the same bunch of flag hopping sons of biatches riding in a blackhawk 3 times before I got arty'd on the dam level having previously been just out of range of 2 earlier arty strikes in the area. just sat hiding in some bushes and caught them as they went overhead. stragith in the door every time. I'm guessing each time that someone had weakened them already, as I don't think you can kill a blackhawk with one rocket, but it was cool as hell.

only thing is, I don't think anyone noticed me from my team, and I was on my own, so no record. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Zillah wrote:
    I don't know what you think you said, but that means that you killed someone with a clip, in one hit. Like, you literally smashed their head in by hitting them with a metal bullet clip...

That makes perfect sense to me.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I shot the pilot of a Black Hawk, fully loaded, and watching it gradually veer towards a building and crashing, killing everyone on board, was an unbeatable feeling.

Other then that, nothing too major from my annals of BF2.... :(

Except that time I was killed 8 times in a row in AKS server. But hardly a proud moment... :o

Right, I'm off to play BF2 on tig. Hopefully see some of you guys there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

shooting a jet down with a shotgun, he came flying really low overhead and i thought i fire a shot for the laugh. Turned out his jet had taken a few hits already and the shotgun was the deathblow.

In general I love firing random shots with the grenade launcher as far off as possible and getting a kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Would have to be the moment I realised I'd become somewhat 'permanently' skilled with the M203 (I 'got' the scale aiming thingy) or the MEC equivalent. Averaging 2 kills for 3 'nade lobes, and now it's always a tie between Infantryman or Sniper at spawn/respawn - love the one shot one kill when it happens, but so much more satisfying to sneak a, shoot and see the nade-fragged rag-dollin' :D

Or last night, jolt.co.uk #08, about 00:15, Oman demo map - taking a Cobra out with a T90 (3 shell shots, took a good 3 mins as we were dancin' around each other). Pilot can't have been that good, though he could shift the thing around and didn't 'feel' like a first- or second-timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

What am I most pround of ? Well I was going for sergeant last night and I stopped for a break , checked my BFHQ and I had stopped at 25000 exactly . Knew I was close to it yesterday and most rounds I played I ended up with scores of 26 , 17 , 11 , 5 , 3 ......I just couldn't get a break , then when I went back after the promotion I got 3 gold medals with scores in the 50's and 60's ......

took a screenie of the 25000 to message my ailing ego . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

The great thing about BF2 is that if you play all the roles, you find there are quite a few 'proud' moments:)

For me, the most recent was playing as medic on Karkland. The flag point down at the bridge had been taken, and we needed it back. It was defended be legions, and I mean legions of yanks. I was squad leader/medic sneaking in on the banks of the river, opposite side of the train, working my way closer to the flag.

Two lads from my squad were smart enough to spawn with me and moved in sync down the bank. We make a mad dash for the flag, take position up at the box at the base of the flag and then defend like hell for about 5 mins (seemed like an eternity). One of my support crew was ammo man, so we had the bullets. The other was anti-tank - so we had the punch as well when we needed it (1 transport truck, one APC bit the dust in the ensuing firefight).

My job - keeping the two of them alive through out the firefight, and then fending off the advancing nme when my guys were dead, giving me just long enough to revive 'em between reloads. It was manic, intense and sheer fun. I lost count of the bad guys we took down but it lasted a good five minutes before the flag would finally switch for us, and they just kept respawning.

The constant decision to either revive the lads next to me, or to kill the oncoming troops first was amazing. Plenty of times I got hit in the process but I kept throwing the medic packs, and kept reviving for a long as it took. Was worth every sweat pounding moment:D

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Zillah wrote:
    I'll kill YOU with a clip - a clip 'round the ear sonny.
    What I mean was. Whinle my friends were watching (and might I add slagging me for being dead all the time) I respawned as a sniper, got on a roof, and for every bullet I fired from a clip, I got a kill. Each shot left a dead yank. Class. I went from zero to hero in a single spawn.

Advertisement