Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Night

• 29-09-2005 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

THis crossed my mind after chatting with my brother; we were both poker mad as kids, many is the time the trocaire box was raided.

Andyways I was wonderign about a Poker Night !

Not Texas Hold'em in the hotels etc, but old fashioned "Odd Couple" type poker sessions, ya know: beers, crisps, banter, etc etc.

Now the thing is, I can't remember how to play !! so not a shark or anything with all the odds

I thought about it maybe as an alternative to any "kilkenny boards" meet; cheap night out (= bring your own beer etc) and would offer my place (presuming I have enough chairs)

Am supposed to be getting chips soon so would be "virtual betting" agree an in fee and thats the most you could lose (alternatively real betting could be agreed etc if it caught on)

The reason there has to be some money involved, even just 5e each is betting goes crazy and game is a disaster if no risk involved.

I'd be talking about draw poker: ie. five cards each, can change up to 3 etc, no upturned cards yada yada yada

Anyways just an idea, though I think it would be an interesting way to get to know people (poker faces and all that)

Advertisement