Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Download DivX 6 Pro for free. (today only)

• 29-09-2005 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

I know XviD is probably better, but DivX are giving away DivX6 Pro for free for today only from here: http://www.divx.com/anniversaryoffer/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Feckin sweeeeeet man, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

It says they'll send you the serial by email, but I'm still waiting for mine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

same, tried it this morning and still waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm waiting too. Free DivX6 Pro is better that XviD :D

People at doom9.org and videohelp.com say they were waiting for 7 hours or so before they got the email. I'm going to wait for it, instead of giving them another one of my email addresses (notice they don't promise not to give out your address or anything).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Thanks for the link!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Does that include the codec for encoding?

I think so, it includes the codec and software for encoding.

You don't have to use the DivX software for encoding, you can use VirtualDub if you like.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Downloaded it this morning before I went to work but have yet to try it, must give it a go when I go home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

plazzTT wrote:
    I think so, it includes the codec and software for encoding.

You don't have to use the DivX software for encoding, you can use VirtualDub if you like.

Thanks plazzTT, looking forward to giving it a go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Apparently I'm too slow! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Yook

Apparently I'm too slow! :(

who cares, XVID is better. Its opensource anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

got my cd key, ah gotta love free stuff.

Update on the emails too:
    Still waiting for your free serial number? Our giveaway was so popular that there is a large backlog in our mail servers. If you entered a valid e-mail address we will be continuing to send out serial numbers over the next two days. Remember that if you use an e-mail service with mail filtering your serial number may have been diverted into a bulk mail folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

All I got so far was a email saying that they have created a account for me o their forums. Come on you cheapskates and gimme my free DivX6!!

I got that too, but it was after they sent my serial number. Both went to my Bulk folderin Yahoo Mail.

Advertisement