Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest 1GB/2GB PSP Memory Stick

• 29-09-2005 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

Where did you get your PSP memory sticks from, and how much did you pay for them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Ebay, about €75 for a 1GB. Anyone fancy paying out $1400 for a 4GB Pro Duo?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ebay, about €75 for a 1GB. Anyone fancy paying out $1400 for a 4GB Pro Duo?

Where did you see the 4GB one?

Any links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Nearer 85 with ebay. If can see for 75 incl. shipping show me plz...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

75 shipped on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

kearnsr wrote:
    Where did you see the 4GB one?

Any links?

On the September Sony Price list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

jcoote wrote:
    75 shipped on ebay
    A link would be nice.
    Otherwise anyone can say "I saw a 4GB one for €10 shipped on ebay"...

BTW, I'm also after an adapter to allow the Pro Duo to fit in a normal memory stick slot, if anyone has one to spare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

The one i bought on ebay came to €93 inc delivery for 1gb and it had an adapter yoke to fit memory stick readers, pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

I just asked the eBay seller for certification from Sandisk to prove that these cards are genuine. He was unwilling to provide this - there is no way these cards are genuine Sandisk at GBP19 each.
    Copied cards are now so well designed that it is almost impossible to see the difference - but one thing that should give it away is the very low price (Sandisk sell these cards at USD65-70 to distributors who buy several thousand pieces at a time).
    -jayo

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:

It's = 76.0599 EUR on xe.com
    And in reality the exchange rate will be a lot worse... so tis about 80euro... but good spot all the same

And you still have to check if they'll charge extra to ship to IREland#
    Oh and tis shipped from HK, whereas if you pay 85euro you can get it in about 2 business days ... as opposed to about 10 :D

I'll look for link... below is what got for bro...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7547035576

Seems he doesnt have any more at the mo, but am sure could email and ask...
    It was ordered Thurs Sept 22nd at lunch time and arrived following monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i gave a link for a card that i got which was e75 in the original thread and i will not post it again because everyone keeps starting new threads with stuff already covered. and i am lazy...

jk2001 wrote:
    there is no way these cards are genuine Sandisk at GBP19 each.

you're joking right??? :confused:
    its £19 and then 40 for shipping and insurance
    shipping & insurance actually costs about £6 from HK
    it is expensive so the seller pays less FVF to ebay.

Call_me_al wrote:
    i gave a link for a card that i got which was e75 in the original thread and i will not post it again because everyone keeps starting new threads with stuff already covered. and i am lazy...

Well Call_me_al, having tracked back a few threads in search of this thread.. all I got was:
    Call_me_al wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

jk2001 wrote:
    I just asked the eBay seller for certification from Sandisk to prove that these cards are genuine. He was unwilling to provide this - there is no way these cards are genuine Sandisk at GBP19 each.
    Copied cards are now so well designed that it is almost impossible to see the difference - but one thing that should give it away is the very low price (Sandisk sell these cards at USD65-70 to distributors who buy several thousand pieces at a time).
    -jayo

I think you missed the few lines below that though. 11 GBP for shipping and 22 GBP for insurance - all required.

That's how these people cut on eBay fees, by charging extortion prices for shipping and insurance, even though the actual price is more likely just a few quid.

Right, I get it now... I am not that familiar with eBay, but I see the point. So the product price actually has nothing to do with actual cost of purchasing the product...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Im looking to buy one too...I saw some offer recently that if you buy 2 you get them cheaper. Maybe we could get one each wizzard?

OK Tusky, if you find something like that let me know.
    I hate those HK and Singapore guys who have extortionate S & H fees. The sooner eBay clamps down on them the better IMO.

chump if u look at sellers other items you'll find some more for between 70-80 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

BTW, I'll just mention to that mine for €93 was from a uk seller and was delivered in 2-3 days. I wasn't prepared to wait 2 weeks for US or HK delivery and then maybe it would get stuck in the export rubbish, cause that happened to me before and I never got my item. (wasn't ebay, genuine net shop)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Didn't want to start a new thread as it's kinda related. I asked my sis to get me a 2GB memory stick pro duo when she hits NYC next week. She said that she's been talking to a few camera shop salespeople and that they said that 2GB cards in general aren't that reliable and that I'd be better off getting 2 X 1GB cards. Now, I can't find anything to back up this claim and I have my heart set on a 2 GB card from bhphotovideo.com in NYC. Any opinions?

Never heard of them being flaky! Can she get me one? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

WizZard wrote:
    Never heard of them being flaky! Can she get me one? ;)
    Yeah, can't find anything bad about the 2GB cards except the price!! I was gonna get her to get a few of them and then sell them here on boards for a little profit but she said her credit card is just about maxed out and that she will be barely able to afford getting my one. I'm heading to NYC in Dec so might do it then myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mechanic75

I just picked up a 1Gig Sandisk on www.iaccessorise.ie - €100 which was much cheaper than any retailer ive come across. Got it next day and only €6 delivery.... PSP is rockin! Also picked up a case for my iPod while I was at it... Beats walking the streets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

my friend just picked up a 1 gig high speed pro duo, brand new for 45 euro:) ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

shortys94 wrote:
    my friend just picked up a 1 gig high speed pro duo, brand new for 45 euro:) ebay

Was that with or without shipping/insurance? :)

shortys94 wrote:
    I would really doubt that that is the final price s/he will pay!

Yea, seems very odd that anyone would sell these cards at about 20 quid less than it costs to make them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

it could be possible ive seen this before but only on an auction where it is started off no reserve and feck all people bid for it. Lads i th8nk any further claims about proces etc must be accompanied with a link or feck off for youeselves. ;)

• Advertisement

Advertisement