Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a (cheap) GPS navigator for the car

Options
  • 29-09-2005 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

What options are there? PDA with GPS? or dedicated device?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Unless you can get a pda that transfers sound through to your car speakers, I'd go for a dedicated GPS. Used an Ipaq that way over a year back and the sound was sh*te and most pda speakers are the same. The Navigon software was excellent tho i'd recommend it. I'm using a Garmin c320 lately and it's simple to operate and an all in one package.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i just got a garmin 2610 for my dad....
    edit: oops sorry...it wasn't cheap cost the bones of a grand :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

daveg wrote:
    What options are there? PDA with GPS? or dedicated device?

Thanks in advance.

A PDA will give you more flexibility, plus there are many car mounts available that included powered speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Im looking into this myslef... tis really hard to find sound info on the net

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/index.php is the best place for info..

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

I use a IPAQ 3970 with navman's 4400 and i have no problem with sound. This item from Navman is a pretty good deal I think. A PDA and GPS in 1. The PDA is a fairly low spec but it'll do the job nicely and it's only E400

http://www.navman-store.com/eu/prod...ails.php?id=156

• Advertisement
Advertisement