Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FF the movie

• 09-09-2001 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

What happened to it? it was pulled from the cinemas in a week never got to see it.The story line looked a bit shoite to be honest i thought i wud have been cool if they done the story to ff7 8 or 9 or even use the charactors from all 3 and a new storyline

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

I thought the same thing about the story from the trailers I saw. It seemed like really generic script material. I think part of the problem may have been that they started teh production sometime around FF8 times, which as you know is the time when Square decided making characters ultra-realistic was a good thing.

Now I may be alone in this thinking, but the FF7 big-head characters and plot-style had a lot more "character" than the realistic ones in FF8 and the movie. From the reviews and previews I saw it seemed like they totally forgot the charm that makes FF such a success. It would have been better to get totally unknowns for voices and make it in that cool half-fantasy-swords-and-sorcery-half-technology like in FF7 and earlier games. Instead it seemed to be sort of like CGI Starship Troopers or something. CGI or cartoons need to go overboard on the plot and forget about trying to mimic humans, as they will undoubedtly fail (and FF the movie did IMHO).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Isn't it great how much you guys are able to deduce about a two hour long movie from a thirty second trailer and a couple of reviews in newspapers or whatever?

I mean, hell, why should anyone even bother making movies at all - we could just make trailers and fake some reviews, and you guys would enjoy it all just as much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

the film ruled. ya'd know that if ya seen it,

g'way with ya!

as for usin FF7 characters, see above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Well plyd Shinji. :D

I never listen to those cack reviews...for films anyway. Now I'm gona have to wait for a video release until I can judge for myself. I sweat, my local Cineam didn't have it more than 5 days before they canned it. :(

Any cinemas still running it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I still think its the best film to ever come out (over here anyways)

Oh well, looks like it back to imports :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

its a pretty good movie! Great graphics with the storyline lacking slightly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

dont get me wrong shinj prob is a very good movie pitty i never got to see it and change my mind :/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Saw it.
    Brilliant graphics, shame about the plot. Is it me or was the psycho-general the only one making sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Saw it,loved it.
    Reminded me of aliens a bit tho :/
    The only thing it missed was a good sword fight,guns r a bit boring 4 CGI.
    as for going over board in the plot........might have worked :)

Thats what i thought Pugsley its alot like Aliens with a scientist woman and a group of grunts from the aarmy working together against an "Alien" Foe! It looked amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Gah, I thought you meant Fianna Fail, that'd make a cool movie. It'd be like an Irish version of The Insider. Brando could play Charlie. Brendan Gleeson would play Bertie. Get the cast of Bull Island for everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Slightly wobbly script. I mean, hippy sci-fi - purleez. Still, overall a good movie. Beautifully "shot" and with well paced action sequences and strong characters.

K

Originally posted by yellum
    Gah, I thought you meant Fianna Fail, that'd make a cool movie. It'd be like an Irish version of The Insider. Brando could play Charlie. Brendan Gleeson would play Bertie. Get the cast of Bull Island for everyone else.
    where the hell did that come from i suppose it would make a pretty good movie especially if the bull island cast was in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

When's it out on DVD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Quarter 1 2002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

maybe they'll try and rush it out for christmas to maximise profits!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

Originally posted by SofaKing
    maybe they'll try and rush it out for christmas to maximise profits!!!
    lol, that would be cool.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Digi_Tilmitt

lol, that would be cool.
    No, it wouldn't. Rush products are generally rubbish. I would rather wait for a polished product rather than something rushed to the shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The DVD is done - there was a pre-press version of it floating around the office here last week. Extras and stuff are very nice indeed... It'll be out in the US for Christmas, dunno about Region 2 mind.

Advertisement