Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big 18!!

Options
  • 29-09-2005 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Sorry i know this has nothing to do with the LC, but im 18 next month but cant think of a way to get an id, takes months to get a garda and cant get a passport until im 18, any ideas? I have my student but most places dont accept it :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Get your drivers licence? I don't know, why can't you get your passport now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Cant get a passport? I've had mine for years and im 17 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 shaggy1103

I might have to do that alright, i could get my passport but i could only get a under 18's one at the moment, so it will be invalid from my birthday, and im too young to get an adult one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 shaggy1103

Ye i can get one too but its only a kids one(to 17) so on my birthday it will be invalid

An under 18's one? Now you have really got me confused. Theres only one kind of passport no different regardless of age. Where you getting that idea from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

shaggy1103 wrote:
    I might have to do that alright, i could get my passport but i could only get a under 18's one at the moment, so it will be invalid from my birthday, and im too young to get an adult one

What? No.... that's not how this works. There is only one passport - it's just people under 18 and over.... 65(?) can only get a shorter-term one - 5 years instead of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

You don't have to get a new passport when you turn 18, you use the same one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

He's probably on one of his parents ones. Go down to the guard station and ask about getting a new one. You're under 18 now so a few signatures might be needed. I'm not too sure about it all.

Best thing is to ask down there and sort it out as fast as you can because I honestly can't remember how long it took.

Quite a few things needed for a passport.

Need the backs of your passport photos signed by a gard and stamped, need your birth cert (original) etc.

More info here: Clicky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

hey dude whatever passport you have WILL have your date of birth on it, show the bouncer or barman our date of birth! it WILL work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah, whatever passport you're on now is just as valid. Even if it's not valid for getting you into Uzbekistan, it's good enough for getting into a pub. They probably won't even know that it's out of date. Just use it until you get another ID. Apply for the Garda ID, and book a drivers theory test, then the provisional licence. I dunno which would come first..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Such a rush to start drinking hey :rolleyes: , why oh why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

You've got all the info you need so i'll wrap this up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement