Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto Vs King

• 29-09-2005 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Hello my fellow snack lovers.How are you all
    I need your help as it seems i'm the worst googler in the whole wide world.Me and that ninny Kernel are having a philosophical discussion over weather Tayto or King are the largest selling Cheese and onion crisp in Ireland.Now I know Tayto sell more and i think deep down he knows it too but i just can't find the proof.I thought i had it for a minute there but it turned out to be statistics from 2002.Please help me in my quest to once again prove what a spanner Kernel is.
    Thank you kindly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Of course Tayto sell more.

But then "there's always one" that'll try disagree with ya. haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

memphis wrote:
    But then "there's always one" that'll try disagree with ya. haha

Lol,well put :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tayto would be I'd reckon, though King are part of Tayto too.

Looking at the taytocrisps.ie website, I notice that Tayto is part of C&C Group. I didn't know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

oh! you can buy tayto online, time to max out my credit card :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I'm not a huge fan of Cheese and Onion crisps, but I absolutely love King's pub crisps ... what does that mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

between King and Tayto, Tayto win. But overall, in the Cheese and Onion crisp market, O' Briens crisps are delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

It's hard to find a mankier crisp than Tayto, but somehow King manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

doesnt the same company own both?? (confused). King are way nicer im obsessed i love them

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Tayto definately have to be the best selling over King.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Tayto sell more due to:

a) Popularity

b) Distribution/merchandising/Availability.
    Every shop stocks Tayto (along with Walker pukey'crisps'), whereas not all stock King. Reeks of 'Hello Money' as pioneered by Fergal Quinn in the 80's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

How did a company called UNITE Solutions manage to register tatyo.ie?

I thought .ie regulations were tighter than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Well Tayto definately have a better well known name and advertise a hell of a lot more than King so its no wonder that they sell more packets than King.

Now in saying that Tayto are truly rotten tasting crisps, you'd think they'd get it right. While King seemed to have gotten it right, a truly wonderful delicious crisp. Anyone who disputes this fact has clearly no taste for delicious crisps.

I've heard rumours that the same company owns both, now why do they make the less common selling product better tasting one?

heard the same rumour, but aparently they are made in different location in Dublin!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think it's safe to say it's not a rumour

http://www.taytocrisps.ie/products/

I prefer King crisps... they seem to be of a much higher quality... you get too many brown and green crisps in a Tayto pack.

I live fairly close to the old Tayto factory that they just closed down... there were lot of long time staff members crying in my bank as they cashed their final pay cheques.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

http://www.taytocrisps.ie/aboutus/about_history.asp
    In 1972 Tayto acquired a smaller snack manufacturing company, King Foods, based in Inchicore.
    Ha!! I was right all along, their one and the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

silas wrote:
    http://www.taytocrisps.ie/aboutus/about_history.asp

Ha!! I was right all along, their one and the same.

The same company but they aren't manufactured the same or even in the same factory I believe at that.

The same company but they aren't manufactured the same or even in the same factory I believe at that.
    What I've being saying!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

look at this link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Tayto... but its kettle chips for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

They both have good qualities, Ive noticed over the years that they can both be quality if you get the right batch and this seems to change a lot, saltiness,crispiness etc is never the same from one month to the next,
    Off to get a pack of tayto now,

• Advertisement
Advertisement