Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTV VMA's

Options
  • 09-09-2001 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

I know thesre awards are sh*t and anyone can win them *cough* Nsync *cough* ,

but what did you think of the show ?

it hought it was good fun to watch Jamie fox slag people off i like the way he ripped it out of P Diddy And Eminem i also liked kid rock at the beginning , but jamie knew better than to slag suge knights .

:D:D:D:D

tell me what you thougfht of the show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

I hate watching MTV but the VMAs are always quite entertaining (maybe because it's less UK/Euro-centric with Brit-pop and the likes of Boyzone or something).

My fave scene was from last year though, when the guy who created Napster was presenting and came out wearing a Metallica T-shirt (which he said a friend had shared with him). They showed Lawrs Ulrich covering his face in the audience looking really pissed....ehehhe.

Britney looked pretty good as well. Definitely the whole performance thing is good, and the lvie acts are far more tolerable than the videos that are on every goddamn day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

seen clips of it, mainly jennifer lopez and britney (sizzle), its always good to see the funny stuff. quality stuff this year had to be the realistic performance by the michael jackson robot. technology these days never ceases to amaze me. :p

it also gives me the chance to spot celebrities that are either b) drunk off their áss (1 point) or b) coked off their face. (3 points). classic game!

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Britney is finsihed.
    she went to far with that "dont let me be the last to know" video, if shes does another video it will only be played on Playboy TV.

VMA's suck, and so does fred durst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Alltogether it was very disappointing. The only good part was the live act by Staind. Nsync winning 3 times? I mean come on...who would vote for those talentless Fúcks? It really tells you something about the intellgence level of America's youths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I just about managed to watch about 20 mins.:)

Something of intrest there so called "Dance" catogry only contained 1 dance act (fatboy Slim). The rest where all pop acts.
    IMO thats like Daft Punk being nominated in for hip hop, totally stupid...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

Come off it, next you'll be saying that "R&B" stars like Destiny's Child don't have any rhythm *or* blues :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by havok*
    IMO thats like Daft Punk being nominated in for hip hop, totally stupid...

funny you should say that, they recently remixed a tune for slum village when the new york trio lifted a sample from thomas bangalter's "trax on da rocks vol2" for "raise it up". instead of legal action they did a special limited edition remix collabration along with a picture disc (rare as a mother...) courtesy of mode 2 (greatest graffiti artist ever!). so the moral of the story is, nothing is impossible :)

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

hmm.. thats interesting , the cover looked vaigly liked liquid swords , pity daft punk sold out and did the gap ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"r&B" stars like Destiny's Child don't have any rhythm *or* blues

Well they are supposed to have rhythm but not blues "RnB" as they call it is rhythm and bass - apparently a mix of hip hip and soul. "R and B" is rhythm and blues - the Who and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Damn those evil corparation making good artist sell out! Damn you all to hell!

• Advertisement
Advertisement