Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Kit/Class

Options
  • 29-09-2005 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been done yet but here goes.

Probably go for assault myself. Easiest to rack up the kills with especially if your good with greande launcher.

Favourite Kit/Class 54 votes

Special Forces
    0%
    Sniper
    35%
    jaggehSilverfishRapierXZillahtelemachuswideangleuberpixieZuluHaketTheGreatOnePyr0dentCiaran500PongoR0otambro25ghost26iedanniemcqirlrobins 19 votes
    Assault
    12%
    MaximilianWinning HandChad ghostalSubliminalTerrorFirmerC_Lan HawkesDr_MaSoN 7 votes
    Support
    20%
    KdjaCLs10Big NellyInstant KarmaPrivate JokerKeyzerkirvingRuffty^youcancallmealm5ex9oqjawdg2iLister1 11 votes
    Engineer
    5%
    StephenjonskiKare Bear 3 votes
    Medic
    3%
    zakumarasgtdiesalot 2 votes
    Anti-Tank
    22%
    silverskiMoriartyKarl HungusTöpherJimCivilServantTailsDThe Real B-manRamseswhiskeymanTheBurningMan 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Assault
    Sniper.

Even if its a huge open map not suited to sniping, I still pick it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sniper
    Spec ops. Originally because I loved the idea of sneaking around blowing stuff up.

As my play evolved I realised I enjoyed sneaking around and blowing stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Anti-Tank
    I'd go for anti-tank if the mp5 wasnt so crap.
    Sniper is good too, but I've gone for medic here.
    You can really rack up the points and its great for teamwork when your in a group pushing forward backing them up.
    And the M16 is a really tasty weapon - put it on 1 round function and its brilliant for long range sniping.
    Alright!!! You're good to go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Engineer
    Got an unlock tonight so I went for support .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

jonski wrote:
    Got an unlock tonight so I went for support .

I was thinking of unlocking the support gun, What you think of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Engineer
    Join the server next time I'm on and I'll suicide and you can try it :) .

I play support mostly , and picked it up a few times before I unlocked it , but god damn it everytime I did there was no one to shoot at or the round was just ending . Only got to use it a small bit last night , but took down a few with it and scared off an attack chopper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Sniper
    Zillah wrote:
    Spec ops. Originally because I loved the idea of sneaking around blowing stuff up.

As my play evolved I realised I enjoyed sneaking around and blowing stuff up.

Haha, thats quality.
    I'm the vey same, plus the laser sight is very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Im thinking of getting the shotgun unlock for the antitank class.
    Is this any good at all?
    Anyone have it? If so, I'll follow you around the server and keep grabbing your kit when you die :)
    I know that I'll eventually get a 2nd unlock but that a 3rd is totally out of the question.
    So I want to make sure I pick something good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Support
    At what stages do you get unlocks? I have one unlock(the medic) and that has been it....I got that soon after starting the game but nothing since!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

You get an unlock after every rank from Lance Corporal up though some seem un-attainable tbh.

http://www.totalbf2.com/strategy/ranks/

I think sergeant is as high as i will achieve.

2,500,000 for Sergeant Major of the Corps. :eek:

Only a couple of years away. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

10000 points is your next unlock.
    date estimate is 2006-02-18
    taken from here:
    http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats/bf2stats.cgi?nick=%28nrg%29big_nelly&pid=&lang=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Support
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    10000 points is your next unlock.
    date estimate is 2006-02-18
    taken from here:
    http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats/bf2stats.cgi?nick=%28nrg%29big_nelly&pid=&lang=en

Will be a while so!!! have plenty of time to check out which one I want!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Anti-Tank
    Medic being able to leg it a heal is great, plus the single shot rifle is just ridiculous, it's so easy to kill people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Assault
    sniper all da way ladz...lots o fun iwth claymores :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Engineer
    Snipers smell of pee.

I like support/engineer/medic myself. Mostly support tbh. Certain maps are brilliant for support, such as strike at karkand for the US side, sharqi peninsula again for the US side.
    On the MEC side, Karkand is a great map for medics. So many revives and heals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Sniper
    Special ops for sure, I actually think its default rifle is better than the assault class version. Maybe its the burst fire that put me off.

The C4 is also great :)

Have to say medic and Anti Tank are quite cool too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Support
    assault ftw!

whats the big fixation with specforces & snipers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

jonski wrote:
    Join the server next time I'm on and I'll suicide and you can try it :) .

I play support mostly , and picked it up a few times before I unlocked it , but god damn it everytime I did there was no one to shoot at or the round was just ending . Only got to use it a small bit last night , but took down a few with it and scared off an attack chopper :)

Will do :)

In a moment of madness last nite i unlocked the Engineer's Jackhammer, big dissapointment so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Support
    kinkstr wrote:
    In a moment of madness last nite i unlocked the Engineer's Jackhammer, big dissapointment so far.

Pretty much what happened to me with my first unlock, I've regretted it ever since. Probably be the m95 for me next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Assault
    M95 is a quality rifle...great fun taking out heli's pilots :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

Medic
    i see i`m still the only one that likes being an engineer, suppose its because i use armour mainly handy if you get hit to pull out of the battle for a few minutes and repair :D and when you get back to blow up the person that shoot you in the first place. so my next unlock is the jackhammer :eek:

ps the shot gun is sh_ite unless up close. smell their breath time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Engineer
    The MEC engineer's shotgun isn't too bad, since its an automatic. Just aim for the face :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Support
    The assault is the most fun IMO, clocking someone in the face with a M203 at long range is just hillarious... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Sniper
    Special forces sniper anti tank and engineer for the mines alone I usually go for special ops but now and again I switch between these four. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sniper
    clocking someone in the face with a M203 at long range is just hillarious... ;)

How I loathe that weapon. It should have much larger blast radius. Im so sick of assholes detonating one at my feet from five foot away and not gettign hurt.

A point blank grenade launcher? How fcking retarded is that?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Anti-Tank
    Medic Heal yourself & others plus great weapon unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Sniper
    Spec Ops all the way! Im a c4 whore and i like it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Anti-tank all the way.
    Especially on maps where there is shed-loads of armour, plus, in a pinch you can use it on men.

And i've gotten used to the Mp5/PP-19/Type 85 Sub, so killing people is alot easier, but it is an up close and personal weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

anti-ank
    Nothing like popping your head around corners and steering your missile into a Heli and then hiding again...
    then follow it up with one more as they scarper :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Sniper
    Spec ops for me, I've the PKM and was not impressed, I just hate the way longer range shots seem so random. 2nd unlock was the G36C, fantastic. You can pick em off at range and up close is a fair match. C4 for tanks/traps and nades too !.

Advertisement