Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird no-limits thing just happened, any ideas?

Options
  • 09-09-2001 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hey folkies,

right, I got 'the letter', and was duly cut off nolimits last may, and the 03001235 number has just been giving an engaged tone since then. However, just for a laugh five minutes ago, I decided to dial it and see...would you believe, I'm dialled into the 0300 number right now! What could this mean?

Just curious as to whether there has been an administrative screw-up at esat, or its a cunning ploy by them and I'm getting charged 50p a second :)

Any thoughts would be welcomed,
    lampsie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

isnt the numer 1332103001235 and no it didnt work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

yep the number is 1332103001235 and no it didn't work for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by lampsie

Any thoughts would be welcomed,
    lampsie.

you are either lying, or have made a small mistake..

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Er, why would I lie?

Anywhoo, nope, I'm certainly not making a mistake, I'm not a complete baffoon when it comes to computers (been using pc's for years). Regarding the number, the 13321 is just used to get onto the Esat network, the 03001235 is the nolimits number, sorry I didn't make that clear. I'm just trying to figure out why this has happened, and if it means my account has been miraculously turned on again. Some info that may be relevent:
    I had eircom, switched to Esat, and then last month switched to Euphony.

If anyone could come up with why this has happened (or more importently, will I be charged), I'd love to hear it.

Cheers,
    lampsie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

last month switched to Euphony

Ah, Euphony. The Amway of telecommunications. One moron converted to a "consultant" every minute.

"It's not a pyramid scheme, it's more of a dodecahedron."

God help us all.

adam

• Advertisement

Hey, it ain't my phoneline, my dreaded aunt (a Euphony sales thingy) managed to talk my sister into switching :)

Anyway, still hoping someones got an idea

lampsie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

hey i remember you, i laughed when i read your CPS story a month or so back, but hey what do you care, you odnt pay the bill

Gladiator, I don't know what post you are referring to

PS I'm a student living with my sister in a flat in Dublin, splitting ESB, phonebills, etc. I work four nights a week to try and make ends meet. So you see, my dear, I do have bills to pay.

Regards,
    Lamps

PS Any chance of me getting a constructive answer rather than being called a lying freeloader? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Tried 03001235 and it did not work.
    If you find that you can connect I would advise against it as they could charge you (with fraud!!!!).

Hmmm, strange that only mine seems to have started working again...thanks to everyone who tried anyways.

BTW infomat, thats probably a good point :) I might lay off it for a while and just see if any bills start arriving since I dialled into it (my phone number might have reactivated my account or something like that, I'm not sure what system they use).

Cheers for the help guys,
    Lamps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Yes to say the least I would be extremely careful if I found something like that, you could just be dialling up to their base service, what I'd do is use it, but no more than what you would use a pay per minute service.

Advertisement