Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Going to view Golf GTi on Saturday...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I believe the term 'Main Stealer' is an affectionate term for 'Main Dealer'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Thanks I never knew that. :o
    Everyday I learn something new. Yesterday it was laces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Oh, they joy :D
    of driving a new GTI :D

Took a mate with me. Went to the sellers house. My draft was made out to the bank who were the interested party on the finance contract, which I saw. He showed me his company CRO documents and some other stuff. To me, it all added up.

Cheers for all the good advice. Next time I'll be much more about meself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Best of luck with it Shayser,might be joining you in January !

Seven Worlds will Collide

Best of luck with it Shayser,might be joining you in January !

Cheers....

Amazing car... Now I know what 200bhp + Turbo can do!! Would far rather this than any suit car. Had a great fun with an Audi TT when I was passing through the north on the way home, he tried to shake me off... was wasting his time :D Was able to overtake in 6th gear going uphill.

Only thing, got stopped twice last night in my town (not for speeding!) and asked for my documents. Think as soon as they see the GTI badge their noses are put out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Ahh now see what you have done - you have made me want one now too :rolleyes: Well perhaps one day. :)

Anyway enjoy and glad it all worked out well in the end - btw did the seller give any actual reason for selling this lovely car so soon? :confused:

Ahh now see what you have done - you have made me want one now too :rolleyes: Well perhaps one day. :)

Anyway enjoy and glad it all worked out well in the end - btw did the seller give any actual reason for selling this lovely car so soon? :confused:

Thanks... got a grin on my face that needs the proverbial crowbar :)

He always wanted one and finally got one this year. He is self employed and started to go out on the road and needed a much larger boot for his stuff. So he bought a Jeep. And I got the GTI :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

smashing car, congrats. now get us some more pics to drool over. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

ando wrote:
    note they are the most popular can in Ireland 'on order' so be sure to get a good alarm if you buy

another one bites the dust:

http://cars.vage.ie/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=28&t=8169&

• Advertisement

PlayaFlow wrote:

I love livng here, get well paid for the job I do, and can afford a MkV Golf GTI. I work for a large insurance company so get a great deal on my policy including all the benefits.

But most of all, I just love driving my GTI all over the place :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

shayser wrote:
    I work for a large insurance company so get a great deal on my policy including all the benefits.
    So you're the so and so that I'm subsidising with my outrageous car insurance? :D:D

Congrats on the nice car. Well may you wear.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yea my insurance will go to €780 if I buy one,not too bad but a 25% increase all the same.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Down here they get the same kick out of a Golf 1.9Tdi :rolleyes: - bloody simpletons. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

junkyard wrote:
    Its a lot of money for a run of the mill car, remember VW's aren't what they used to be.

You've CLEARLY never driven a MKV GTI. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

Big Balls wrote:
    You've CLEARLY never driven a MKV GTI. :confused:

Even I have heard that the MkV is the first gti since the mk1 which even comes close.

Is it as good as they say ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Obviously there's better cars out there but for what it's meant to do it does it so well.

It handles well, has such a smooth power delivery, so much torque for a petrol car and the engine note for a 4 pot is so nice :cool:

You just have to live with one to really see what it is that's so good about it but out of all the small number of five cars which I've owned (I'm only 23) it's the best - and it's not the most expensive car I've bought either.

Advertisement