Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what dial up can i use while i wait for broadband??

• 29-09-2005 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hi,

i'm having a nervous breakdown trying to figure out how to use dial up internet while i wait for broadband from smart. i got my eircom line connected 2 weeks ago, and i;ve been trying to connect using the free isp's - ocean free, iol, eircom free, etc. none of them will connect, the line just rings out and disconnects. sometimes it says no dial tone, but the line is deffinately connected, then other times it says things like "a modem error occured" but i don;t think its anything to do with my modem? i'm using a new mac g4.

does anyone have any experience with this? or what does everyone else use while they're waiting for their broadband? i'm getting stressed about this cuz now i have to pay my eircom connection and line rental bill (almost 80 euro) and i haven't been able to use the line for anything at all.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Just use eircom's 1892150150 number. You don't need a username or password. Check that all the lines are connected and if you have a phone, try testing the line by ringing your mobile phone. Also, you might try a different telephone cable (use one from phone if you have one).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you can make calls on the line then it has to be something to do with the mac modem (thats presuming you have set up the isp accounts properly and are using the correct passwords etc) I think the mac can be a bit fiddly in setting up some of these connections could that be a factor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

IBB do great dial up :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Yook

IBB do great dial up :p

hahahahhahah! ZING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Hey don't knock it, at least it's always-on dial-up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement